Fantasia Barrino

SUED FOR MYSTERIOUS BANK-STIFFING

8/6/2011 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_fantasia_getty_ex
Let's hope Fantasia Barrino listed "cash" on her new baby registry, because she might need it -- TMZ has learned she's on the receiving end of a new $25,000 lawsuit.

According to the lawsuit, filed last month, the former "American Idol" champ -- who announced earlier this week she is expecting baby #2 -- is being sued by a collection company on behalf of U.S. Bank for allegedly owing them money.

The lawsuit doesn't explain why, and neither side would go into details, but the suit is asking for $25,057.02 plus 10% interest per year dating back to May 2009.

Fantasia is no stranger to money troubles -- she nearly lost her home to foreclosure in January 2009, before making the payments at the last minute.

R

Her over the top ways turn me off. But I think she's got a great voice. Too bad she seems out of control.

mark

in all seriousness, this is the absolute ugliest woman (not counting people with obvious deformities) i've ever seen in all my life. not only that, but listening to her speak/sing makes my ears vomit! go away for the love of all that's holy!

Simone

She is repulsive & her voice sucks.

Kimberella

Maybe she didn't read the terms of...wait a minute. Reading, not her strong suit.

BABY

I love you FANTASIA NOOO matter what ....KEEP your HEAD UP your def.ly my role model ..everythings gonna be alright i promise..may GOD BLESS YOU

BigHoss

Yes... the local gorl still making us proud with her headlines....*Palm to Face shakes head*

Jazimen

Karma will get your a** everytime and she deserves all she gets!!!!!!!

patty

Fantasia might have fooled some but she never fooled me.

She is trailer trash..always has been and always will be..

Felisha

People always judging a book by its cover. Who are you people to say anything about anybody. I bet everybody that has something to say about Fantasia, has did what she had done, so what who gives a **** she slept with a married man. Grow up and mind your own business for a chance. I mean damn, this woman has become what u all will never ever become, and thats a career in life. Ok answer this question: How many women and men has slept with a married person? How many people have did some crazy **** in their younger days? I can't lie, I have. Hell I was young and stupid. The moral to the story is judge not unless you be judge.... Its not your judgement, its GOD's judgement.

J.W.

This seems to be the story of Fantasia life, making bad decisions. She really needs to focus on herself, her children and her career. Stop being distracted by men and clean house when it comes to family. People will stop abusing you when you stop abusing yourself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2