George Lopez Jokes

I was Fired 'Because I'm Brown'

8/11/2011 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez
George Lopez wasn't afraid to talk about his show getting canceled on "Lopez Tonight" yesterday -- but he told the crowd that he was being fired because of the color of his skin.

Lopez -- whose voice was featured in the "Smurfs" movie -- was talking about how Sony has greenlit a "Smurfs" sequel during his monologue ... and quipped, "So today I lost some work because I'm brown, but I got some work because I'm blue!"

Is Lopez REALLY blaming race ... or was he just trying to crack a bad joke?

andy

His show got canceled because no one watched. I tried it when it first started and he's not funny or entertaining and is a horrible interviewer.

Anon

He was fired because every joke he makes is a bad joke.

peoplearesilly

His jokes about hispanics got real old. And watching him interview was awful-- he constantly interrupted trying to be funny and didn't let people finish a sentence most of the time. It got annoying; very annoying. At first I liked his show, then I got real burned out real fast. Same old tired jokes about his race every night. I was rooting for him. Sorry it didn't work out.

Duke Steele

Again?? When his sitcom was cancelled he said that tv just got whiter. Now, hes saying it again only now hes saying its because hes brown. Same thing from a racist *****.

Duke Steele

Again?? When his sitcom was cancelled he said that tv just got whiter. Now, hes saying it again only now hes brown. Racist *****.

Flower

He's brown. So is s**t. Therefore, he was indeed fired because he is "brown".

Maggie

He said the exact same thing when his sitcom was cancelled, too. If his bosses were actually racist, he wouldn't have been hired in the first place. White people's shows get cancelled too, George!

onelove627

He still has a show?

brown dynamite

It was a joke morons, did you even see the episode? Y

Jas

You were hired BECAUSE you are BROWN

Rex

Note to George - you are not funny. People didn'*****ch your show - you got cancelled. Move to Canada!

gimmeshelter

George Lopez = insecure, bitter racist. Why would anyone be surprised he's playing the race card..the guy doesn't nothing BUT slam white ppl all day long--you know, all those white fans who made that little ingrate rich. Hey, George, tell the world the true reason your show was cancelled--plain and simple: it SUCKED! And, so does your lame racism.

Alfalfa

Color doesn't matter By the way, give that kidney back to your ex-wife.

Flipper

This is the same racial crap that he spewed when his TV show cancelled, despite the large number of "brown" people that live in America. Sadly this is part of the Affirmative Action mentality. If you don't get your way, it was because of your race, not because of your skills or talents.

Shay

He did the same thing when his other show was cancelled. I guess his ego is so big that racism is the only reason people would not like him. That makes him the racist.