Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane

DEAD AT 47

8/12/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane Dead
Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani Lane DiedLane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Warrant
0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

"whoa can we rewind to where we've been ooh I wish you'd take a look and see the shape I'm in" RIP Jani Lane your music was my youth

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

Sad to hear about Jani Lane... Had a chance to play with him in Camp Freddy years ago. Very nice guy. RIP pal...

bretmichaels bretmichaels

We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI

0803-remembering-jani
danecook danecook

davenavarro6767 davenavarro6767

StevenAdlerSite StevenAdlerSite

I'm so sad that I lost another dear friend to this horrible disease. I've known Jani for over 30 years and he had a heart of gold. Luv u bro

MrTommyLand MrTommyLand

RIP Jani Lane

bretmichaels bretmichaels

Slash Slash

Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man.

NikkiSixx NikkiSixx

I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP.

IAmJericho IAmJericho

Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane. Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated

BarbieJean

RIP Jani...
terrible news, this.

niccole

This is so sad.it alone in a motel,no way to go.I wonder if he had a stroke or a heart attack.man,my heart goes out to his family.hey i get yall like to bash,and hey,a joke is just a joke,but this person,this human being,had a child you will miss him,and a mom,whose heart is breaking.lets just chill.for real ya know.

heidi

WOW I was in OBSESSED LOVE with Warrant all through college. what memories this brings back. had those albums memorized! Sorry to see him go.

Cartman

RIP dude who played in a sucky hair band.

coroner

Ahhh...so, the Comfort Inn is where the down boys go?

squeakermama

So sad. And to all that take the time and effort to be so mean, your a bunch of cowards.

Marty

Sad to hear this.

Ghost Rider

At least he wasnt referred to as the Cherry Pie guy dead at 47. He really hated being called the Cherry Pie guy you know.

K

WOW! What a bunch of self righteous, judgmental s*** on this site. I hope people show you as much respect when your time is up.

justagirl

LOVED Warrant! You haters are just jealous b/c every chick loved that music and those boys! RIP. Heaven's not too far away.

Sammi

Sad. I met him a couple of times. He could not have been a nicer guy.

Carl

Too bad he couldn't conquer his demons. Unfortunately I'm not surprised though. He had several very public battles with addiction and depression, and just couldn't take advantage of the help he was given.

redleg19

damn....i was watching the uncle toms cabin video when i found out damn that sucks for all you hacks who are commenting negatively and don't even know him check out the uncle toms cabin video it's actually pretty badass R.I.P Jani...you know if there's a rock n roll heaven you know they have a helluva band!!!

Mandy

Sad, he use to come in to the FM Station and jump on stage and sing back in the day.....he's in peace now

Rage