'Jurassic Park' Star Laura Dern

Do You Take Credit, Officer?

8/14/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0812_laura_dern_police_splash_zoomed
"Jurassic Park" star Laura Dern took a swipe at a police officer earlier this week during a routine traffic stop -- accidentally handing the guy her CREDIT CARD instead of her driver's license.

Law enforcement tells TMZ, Laura was pulled over for driving with a malfunctioning light -- but the cop let her off with a warning ... no ticket, no nothing.

But get this ... It was NOT a case of celebrity justice -- we're told the officer had no idea who she was.

JesseBwonfn

She's not a very recognizable person.

LONG LIVE JURASSIC PARK

@TheOnlyDanDodge-ontwitter

I think the real news is that Laura Dern looks like she's 85 now. That's almost too old to qualify for life insurance.

magmax

It is impressive that an overworked cop took time out from the high level police work of shutting down lemonade stands to save the city from a burned out light. I know I feel safer.

Kabala

How does TMZ get pics of routine traffic stops like this? Doubt if the cops would appreciate this.

stu

Because the copss call TMZ $$$$$$.
The real ?...is tat really her? Looks more like the chick from Mad About You.

nof

My friend's an L.A Cop -

-He said she once offered him - her library card.

nof

She's pretty sexy - even dressed-down like this.

-I'd have asked for her number - or - followed her home.

nof

Plus isn't she available right now?

-Cuz I love chicks with one-syllable last names.

Gets me off.

Truth

NOT A SURPRISE... LAURA DERN WAS MARRIED (NOW SEPARATED/DIVORCED) TO SOME BLACK DUDE. BUYING YOURSELF OUT OF THINGS IS TYPICAL IN THE HOOD. NOTE THE CREDIT CARD. TRUTH!!

alittleunwell

I highly doubt that is her.

PRO US

So, since when do cops not give motorists tickets for malfunctioning lights? Are you sure she didn't mention that she's a movie star from the Jurassic Park movies? Normally when a motorist hands a cop a credit card by mistake instead of their license, registration and insurance papers, they're suspected of driving under the influence and will be administered sobriety checks and a breathalyzer test. But not if they're a movie star. Oh, no. After all, that would violate the Very Important Persons Act whereby celebrities get away with offenses that regular people would be arrested for.

The cop let her off with a warning because she's a regular person? Do you want to believe that? Depends on how naive you want to be today.

Bill Leslie

"Sorry Officer. I ... I didn't know I couldn't that"

VictoriaGirl

A former actress gets pulled over because one her tail lights is broken.
1. Why is this news?
2. From what I understand cops let people off with a warning about that all the time, so how would this be celebrity justice? TMZ, you guys are really getting ridiculous with your stories.

Throwback kid

She looks like Laura Dern's Grandmother? Why couldn't she make it with Jeff Goldblum as a couple? Oh yea, they are both totally self absorbed actors.

steve