Oksana Grigorieva

Mel Should Pay $500k

For Traumatizing My Son

8/14/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0812-oksana-grig-mel-g-EX
Oksana Grigorieva made it clear to the family law judge Friday -- she wants a bundle from Mel Gibson, including a half a million bucks for the alleged trauma she claims Mel caused her 14-year-old son, fathered by actor Timothy Dalton.

TMZ broke the story ... Mel and Oksana met separately with the judge and a mediator Friday, trying to hammer out a settlement in the custody war that is laced with financial overtones. We're told Oksana asked for a huge amount of money for various reasons, and one involves her son Alexander (aka Sasha)

Oksana claims Mel traumatized the boy during the January 6, 2009 explosive fight, which ended with physical violence .... Oksana has alleged Mel knocked two of her teeth out, while Mel says he merely slapped her because she was out of control and endangering the baby.

Oksana claims Mel was abusive to Sasha during the argument, calling him names and scaring him so much he allegedly hid under the bed.

Oksana also claimed on another occasion Mel threw her son onto a table, but Mel's camp has denied it.

We're told Oksana and Mel are still far apart in settling the claims -- both financial and custody of Lucia -- and the mediation continues next week.

emerald

constantpeace Your welcome lol!

Parker Yeah, of course, ROL were the baddies who edited out all the names and OG just lied in an interview and claimed she did it to cover their asses - that your new take on it? ROL being her p.r team had good cause to edit the tapes themselves to an even greater degree for shock value too - which means the tapes played were um EDITED, TAMPERED with and not evidence but played for malicious effect!
You seem to keep on about the fact OG was never charged, so there can't be evidence, well as far as the LASD were concerned there was evidence! Unfortunately the Cops can only investigate, they can't prosecute that's down to the DA (who was previously linked to corruption in office)! The LASD announced their own displeasure and disappointment when the DA refused to act!
As for the photos the Dentist's own staff claim there were NO bruises on her face when she visited his office, the doctor she saw also stated there were no marks on either Lucia or OG!! Anybody can fake a photo to look as if they've been punched - with enough make-up -, the point is the photos were NOT taken by the Cops or Doctors treating her for an assault which means THEY are inadmissable in court as evidence that Mel hit OG, since their authenticity CAN'T be verified! It works that way even for you or me and the man in the street,try being beaten to a pulp sometime and trying to use your own photos alone as evidence for the cops, they can't accept it unless they see corresponding bruises on you and then they have to take their own pictures to authenticate what was seen!! Since she NEVER once reported DV, there are no corresponding photos or reports to corroborate her story!
OG herself claimed that Sasha was shouting at her like his father (TD) used to - somehow I don't see him cowering under a bed, behind the sofa or anywhere else but that's JMO, I know many will disagree!!

Parker

I don't know what happened in the incident when the kid injured his arm. Kids get into messes (I know I did) and some people freak over the sight of blood. I agree it's not the most productive reaction for sure.

But no one said she was shaking the baby during the incident.

However relating to Mel's claim, AGAIN had she been doing what he said she was, he would have taken the tot to the ER– certainly not let the mother walk out with her. Since on the tape he tells her "You deserved it" and threatens her and so forth, his story isn't plausible and even admits in the emails/texts how unspeakably sorry he is, it provides further evidence that he was the one who was out of control not her. He sent further emails that support that– in them he, is deeply concerned that he can't control his rage.

SO even if you think Oksana is a rat, inept mother, hysteric whatever, it still doesn't improve his actions any.

Is Oksana characteristically a hysteric in emergencies? I don't know. Possibly. But as things relate to THAT incident on THAT night, which is what we were discussing, it seems the problem was on his end.

If the texts, emails, tapes, persistent voice mails don't paint a consistent picture of the night and beyond that night, then nothing will.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think....

constantpeace

Bunny, don't be so hard on Parker. He/she believes what they believe. At least, Parker is open to stating why they think as they do. I can respect that even though I may disagree with their conclusions.

kkg

@Abstergo

Just wanted to say; I miss you! Glad to see you still pop in once and a while.

Kathleen

emerald

Sam Hiya, Hugs lol!

Kathleen Hugs to you too lol! D'you still have the link to those pictures from the Sherman Oaks home showing the stained glass windows by any chance lol?

constantpeace

Hello to all! Now I can go back to lurking, I see the experts are on board. LOL

kkg

@Emerald

A big bear hug back at you! Your wish is my command.

Kathleen

kkg

Hi Constantpeace! Bye Constantpeace!

Kathleen

emerald

Kathleen Lol!! Thanks for the link, I'm glad you still had it!

emerald

Night guys, time for my head to hit a pillow lol! Take care Hugs

Cujeaux

JS & Parker: I thought my post may have triggered so many rapid fire 'dislikes' that it was flagged for expulsion.

So true, Mad Mel created one selfish, big headed monster. He probably assumed that because she's a bit dim he could always control her. He never imagined she would or could flip the switch on him the way she has. She's not inherently slick so those tapes must have shocked the hell out of him. It's highly probable that MM's machinations wore off on her and in spite of all of her many blunders, it's working for her. I get the impression she kinda likes the game. She's a risk taker so it must give her the same kind of high gamblers get when they double down. Most sensible women with a bit of dignity would have taken the 13 mil and walked away.

What seemed to bother MM the most was the fact that after all he did for her, she didn't love him. At least not the way Robin did. Who knows if Oxy tried to keep a lid on things or not. It's too hard to understand a word she says. My guess is she's anything but an enabler because she's a narcissist herself. That's why they clash so much. Mel got the same inflated head during his "Passion of the Christ" phase.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he laid a hand on that kid, or he raged at him or his mother in his presence. He's developed a bit of a track record for that hasn't he? It seems like he realized early on that Oxy is not the deep, highly educated and sophisticated woman he expected her to be, so he devalued her and treated her like a common whore. (ie. the bj demands) Anyone who's heard those tapes can't deny he's abusive.

Mel seems like the type who hates to lose. He'll spend more money on this than what he could have gotten away with with an apology and a one time bump in the settlement offer. It's sucking the life out of him and he looks terrible. Not to mention that it's drawing more bad publicity, especially on slow news days.

Dalton played his hand much better. He probably feigned only slight interest in custody and gave her the usual cut. Mel doesn't know when to fold 'em.

realist

Cujo,

Mel offered her plenty in the beginning. He was ready to "fold em" in May 2010. Oxy reneged and wanted more money and started her DV campaign. That's when Mel bucked and said "this far and no farther". I cannot blame him for that. Once you give in to a blackmailer, you're on the hook forever. They never go away, and yes, they will suck the life out of you. Oxy's mistake was making everything public. His greatest fear. Now that it's all out there, he has nothing to fear from her. He doesn't have to dance to her tune, or tiptoe through the tulips.

He can now take a stand, the worst is behind him, he still has his fans, he still has some respect in the film industry, and he still has the love of his real family.

Whatever else happens, Oxy will be vilified until the day she dies. And that, my friend, she did to herself.

Parker

@constantpeace
It's not fair to see what is "completely credible" since we have not seen the what the court has.

SO you're left with what evidence there is. The tapes, emails and texts. All of which strongly support her story re the DV case. And 1st time offenders often don't get a stiff penalty.

The court upheld a limited amount of sleepovers a week. What else he'll get is yet to be determined. But remember even Sheen gets time with his kid after beating Brooke and holding a knife to her throat (altho I don't if he'll get much time now.) Personally I think there's celebrity justice at play in these cases. Consider that Mel crashed his car into a rock, said he didn't know how it happened and the cops didn't even insist he go to the hospital. Had Oksana done that I think Mel's most devoted fans would be all over her.

Had he slapped her to stop her from hitting the baby, he wouldn't have received any penalty. He would have been a hero. Instead he hounded her on the phone, cursed her, made racist and sexist remarks and threatened her. And of course he would have gone to the ER that night and not let Oksana leave the house with the baby as I said. Plea bargains are to save face basically. And wasted time.

Otherwise the alleged changing dentist's story was conjured-up via "a source close to the files of the case" or something like that. People swallowed the story and weighed it in as if it were fact! But as I said it's just standard tab MO, made possible thru legal loopholes. They all do it. In fact I think you can look up how tabs get away with lying– there are a few sites, and you'll see for yourself this is one way. Useful when they have no new info or just want to embellish.

Again the reason they took so long on the extortion case is not bc they were taking it VERY seriously. lol Harvey told people that to keep them happy. It was bc they had a stubborn high-profile client and they wanted to make it clear they were being meticulous. There was no paper trail that would lead anywhere. I doubted there would be.

20K may sound like a lot but it's pretty standard. I think Sheen is shelling out 50K to Richards for the 2 girls.

Do I know all the facts? No. Neither does anyone else. We can only go by what's available and omit most tab stories bc they're often wrong or embellished. It played out the way I thought it would.

Cujeaux

Realist: I obviously don't follow this as closely as you guys do, so I don't know what the original offer was. If it was a lump sum of 13 million, that should have been enough for 10 lifetimes, even if she took some battering from him and had to put her child into therapy for a lifetime.

I think what's getting in her craw is the basic truths are being denied by him and it's making her into a liar. She will punish him until doomsday for it now. All she needs is a reason in her mind to justify it, and he's giving her one.

I understand what Parker is saying about the big picture. Those tapes contained enough uninterrupted barrages of insults and threats that they should be taken into account. Most of what he said was not a reaction to anything she said, and when she did speak, he reacted to her statements. If she cut stuff out it was probably sections involving something other than their personal battle. My money is still on it being something drug related that they both participated in. Anything else she would have used to hang him with. I find it hard to believe she would care about protecting anyone else involved. Too bad those juicy tidbits will never come to light.