'Real Housewives'

Russell Armstrong

Commits Suicide

8/16/2011 8:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Russell Armstrong Dead

Russell Armstrong
, the estranged husband of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong, was found dead of an apparent suicide ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Armstrong hanged himself. He was found hanging in his bedroom on Mulholland Drive.

We're told L.A. City Fire Department arrived at his home and pronounced him dead at 8:16 PM Monday. Sources say a roommate found Russell and called 911.

We're told authorities have not found a suicide note.

Taylor filed for divorce last month, after she claimed Russell physically abused her.  We're told authorities informed her of Russell's death last night.

He was 47 years old.

Story developing ...

update_bar
8:13 AM: Bravo and the cast of "Real Housewives" were unaware of Russell's death. Kyle Richards was distraught when she saw the TMZ post, and Lisa Vanderpump was speechless.

9:29 AM: A rep for Bravo tells TMZ, “All of us at Bravo are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Our sympathy and thoughts are with the Armstrong family at this difficult time."

9:35 AM: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... no drugs or alcohol were found in the bedroom where Russell died.  He was fully clothed when his body was discovered.

Russell Armstrong Death

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial

0816_russell_twitter_memorial 0816_camille_grammer_memorial
0816_adrienne_maloof_memorial
0816_andy_choen_memorial
0816_countess_memorial
0816_danielle_staub_memorial
0816_nene_leakes_memorial

cheyenne

you should change he hanged himself to hung himself

Glitchy

OMG that is so tragic. I feel so badly for their daughter Kennedy. This is really heartbreaking to hear.

jane

Sooo sad...RIP Russell.

LISA

wow so sad for there daughter,,,,and if i was taylor i would feel like **** rite now!!!!! its amazeing on wht alittle bit of fame can do to a human being and act like such a bitch!!! no need to air your dirty laundry,,,

Jus

Regardless of what he's done in his past, it's always hard to hear about someone committing suicide. My heart goes out to his family especially his daughter Kennedy. May God look after them.

TrueDat

Wow so sad, and such a loss for Kennedy. He may have had his financial issues, control issues, and anger issues but a daughter should never have to lose her daddy in such a terrible way.

Rogue Warrior

He knew she was about to take him through the cleaners for alimony & child support and, half his money and he knew how painful that was going to be. RIP

Why couldn't we read a story about Okskankity or Gloria doing this?

Lindsey

It's tragic when someone no longer wants to go on, and leaves their loved ones with pain and questions. I hope Taylor can get through this. Unfortunately for her, its just another form of abuse on her.

Syl

There was really something "off" about this man.. I hope their child will be okay.. How does one deal with that? Their child already seemed to know something was up with her parents.. Not the happiest of little ones at least as far as we could see. I hope he left them some money.

louee

Holy Cow...my mouth dropped open in shock when I read this. wow.

BREEIA

THIS WAS A VERY SELFISH THING TO HAVE DONE. HE CERTAINLY WASN'T THINKING OF HIS DAUGHTER. IT SEEMED LIKE,FROM THE SHOW ANYWAY,THIS MAN CARED ONLY ABOUT HIMSELF AND THIS LAST "ACT" IS PROOF OF THAT...........

Kardashi-Don't

Way to go, Bravo.

Kevin

OH BOO F'n HOO!!!

"Im RICH and have a house on Swanky Mulholland Drive..and I just can't take it anymore"..Sniff sniff.....
OH PLEASE...
Mr. Beverly Hills, try standing in line all day for food stamps, or a Job that pays 30K a year....
You're now going to spend eternity as a civil servant {according to Beetlejuice}...So now you get to experience in the Afterlife what EVERYONE else has to in this Life..MORON!
R.I.P.

JollyHames

Maybe going on national television and talking about your relationship and how unhappy you are wasn't the best idea. Not saying it's all her fault, but it definitely didn't help the situation.

patty0896

JMG -- I have a life and a very successful one at that. I am a partner at a large law firm and have children and even pets and a doctor husband. Thanks for caring. As for the puppy, taking care of a puppy as a mother with NO outside job should not be onerous. As for my anger and interest, this is a woman who used reality TV and the media to influence public opinion of her and her husband and to become famous. I am a member of the public and therefore I am her target audience. To say I should get a life by commenting on the life of a reality "star" who has made her life part of our evening entertainment is sort of ironic. I happen to have time on my hands to comment today because I am recovering from surgery -- not plastic surgery.