"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"

Armstrong Funeral

Will NOT Be Taped

8/18/2011 1:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0818-rhwbh-cast-EX
Bravo
will not have "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cameras rolling when Russell Armstrong's funeral takes place ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to production tell us there's some turmoil at the network -- while everyone realizes Russell's death will make the show more dramatic and watchable ... they're also nervous about pushing the envelope too far.

We're told Bravo doesn't know how much Russell footage, if any, will air in the show's second season -- but the one thing everyone agrees on is not taping the funeral services.

We're also told the cast had a meeting yesterday -- sans network execs -- to console each other.  Taylor Armstrong was not there.

Cujeaux

Yeah, it's more like - Bravo is behind Taylor's bid to have Russell buried in LA and have been told by his family that they will sue Bravo and Taylor if cameras are at the funeral.

Bravo has been permanently removed from my channel lineup.

Regulator

I for one would not let that rating bonanza slip through my fingers if I was a producer. I would plug the hell out of it leading up to the episode. Something catchy like, "Was It.... Murder?" Dun dun dun!

Strokadellic

Ok, am i the only one who has been wondering for the past couple of days WHO THE F*CK IS RUSSELL ARMSTRONG?

2idiots

BRAVO, Bravo for NOT taping and airing a funeral. Your Oh So Respectful

Kathy

Really surprised that they wouldn't showcase a real live funeral. I'm sure they really want to.

Tinalouise

REALLY? I just assumed that it would NOT be!! To even think that it would be televised at all would be going lower than Andy Cohen has ever been in his life..and we all know how low that could be.

Michelle

I hope that his family can get through this. Suicide is so hard to accept. You don't get to say good bye. Let's all remember that he had 3 kids who have lost daddy. Say a prayer for them.

nee nee

kinda alot of reality show suicides....the Nanny, Amer. Idol,Hell's Kitchen (2 !) , Housewives BH....weird

two cents

The Truman Show come to life. How sad.

RIP Russell. Think his wife is happy now? Selfish bitch. She needs to go scrub that blood off her hands.

erkg

holy crap - I hope not = come on Housewives and Bravo - someone affiliated MUST have some decency - sounds like he didn't have much peace the last year with the show, give him some in afterlife.

minnietx

This woman makes me sick!!

To: Bravo: Taylor is no longer a housewife, she may actually have to work now. Kick her off the show, it would be mis-advertising if she stays. I doubt Bravo has enough payroll for her. Taylor go to Wal*mart, maybe you can be a greeter!!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Sure that skank Taylor was not at that meeting...she was probably going thru his things trying to find out how much money she will get......what a useless whore! RIP Russell...you dont have to look at that bitch again!

Susan

I'm glad Bravo is laying off this one. This was a suicide, not some "long term illness" storyline they were filming. Funerals should always be off limit, and Suicides should be left alone period.

Horndog

Expect an episode where the cast members talk about how Russell Armstrong's death affected them. Remember to boycott the show's advertisers and Horndog's posting too. The later is clearly up to no good.

feebee

I'm surprised, it would be the first thing that was real on the show, they show a lot of funerals on TV, all ex-presidents, Princess Di, Michael Jackson, etc....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments