Hilary Duff

Pregnant and Dumped

from "Bonnie and Clyde"

8/22/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-hillary-duff-EX
Hilary Duff
just learned a cold, hard lesson -- Hollywood's not hiring a lot of pregnant women to play legendary bank robbers ... which is why she just got dropped from "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde."

Duff was supposed to play Bonnie Parker in the upcoming film ... but sources involved in the production tell us they're moving forward sans Hilary -- a decision that was made right after Hil broke her baby news last week.

We're told the director is already shopping for a new Bonnie, and the split was amicable. As one source put it, "Hilary won’t be available until next June. If we could wait we would.” Shooting is scheduled for this Fall.

If prego Duff isn't cool with the switch this could be another HunterTylo situation -- the actress who won a $4.8 million judgment when pregnancy cost her a "Melrose Place" role.

Hilary's rep has not returned calls.

Side note: producers are also looking for a new Clyde due to scheduling conflicts with Kevin Zegers. We're assuming he's not pregnant.

feebee

How many times has that movie been made... find something new

Professor Chaos

Sounds like one hell of a B-movie. I'm sure this crap will light up the direct to DVD market.

Monica

well i'm sure she would rather not be working during her pregnancy which is better I would suppose I love Hillary Duff but man I love the bonnie and clyde story and I sure would have loved to see her in it!! I know she just got married then now she's expecting her first child and already wrote a book which wuz awesome but she's very talented and I hope to see more of her work she seems like such a dedicated and talented and loyal individual honestly it's so refreshing to see there is still that available in young hollywood I know becoming a mother is so life changing and not to mention consuming but she's beautiful and a shame to keep off the screen not to mention very creative and funny she's just so talented I hope to see more of her in the future she's the same age as me and just seems so focused ugh i'm sad now that she's not gonna play the part then oh but can't wait to find out if she's having a boy or girl!! LOL

Hello is anybody in there?

It's been made only once before in 1967 and it was a great movie. IDK what's with Hollywood and all these remakes can't make up an original idea anymore?

Jodi

I could kick myself for saying this but for some reason Lindsay Lohan's name popped in my mind. She has experience being a thief so this may be the perfect role for her.

Farrah

I think the name you're looking for is "Hunter Tylo".

Canadasux

For those who don't know history, it's been reported that the real-life Bonnie, of "Bonnie and Clyde" fame, was pregnant when she died in a hail of gunfire.

Jackie

Hilary should Sue them.

belgradar

i guess i just have to pirate it to screw them outa money too then

CJ

I was thinking the very same thing! At least she has real life experience for the role.

--------------------------------------
Jodi: about an hour ago

karen flack

Regarding your item on Hillary Duff being dumped from Bonnie & Clyde, the actress who sued Aaron Spelling was HUNTER TYLO - not
Tylo Hunter. Just saying

Cujeaux

What a dumbass. This was probably the biggest break she's had in years. I can't picture her as Bonnie anyway.

AmandaS

KEvin Zegers has scheduling conflicts?!?! What is this guy doing?!? Haven't seen him in anything in a LONG time!

bornunderprotest

why should hillary duff be able to sue ? i'm not anti-chick rights, or anti-baby ? if one chooses to, or just "happens" to get pregnant, why is that the responsibility of a production company ? i believe in paid maternity leave, and a social safety net for people,but if one is an actor[actress], and is in the negotiations for a role that calls for a specific body type,and that changes, accidentaly or on purpose,why is that the fault or responsiblity of the people making the movie. @jackie,it's absurd and ridiculous, to think that hillary even has a moral right, to sue over this,c'mon now!

Courtney

this is wrong on so many levels first of all Nonnie & Clyde being remade and isn't it illeagal to fire an actress because she's pregnant of course some people are arcain and don't care about the lawas of the land same if she chooses to nurse her child and is fired for that like Lynn Redgrave was in 1970. hello Bonnie & Clyde is a period piece so they could've built corsets into her costumes to hide her growing baby belly as they did to Shirley Jones for the Music Man and she was about 8 months pregnant when that production ended in November of 1961 for a June 1962 Theatrical release about 4 or so months after her middle son Patrick was born

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments