Donald Trump

Holds (Shaky) Ground

During NYC Earthquake

8/23/2011 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_donald_trump_earthQ

Donald Trump
was working away on the 26th floor of Trump Tower in New York when this afternoon's earthquake struck the East Coast -- and we're told, the Donald stood his ground like a boss.

According to sources close to DT, the earthquake shook the 58-story building -- but Don kept working away like nothing happened ... despite several workers abandoning ship.

Sources tell us, Donald "would never leave his building. He designed these from scratch. If he ever did leave during something disastrous, he'd be the last one out."

Thankfully, no one was hurt.

Shawn

I thought my monitor was acting up for a second. My idiocy aside, do us a favor Donald, stay in there forever.

James-Tannant

The captin always gos down w/the tower

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Breaking News: President Obama has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".

Chris

He might need some extra glue for his hairpiece if he's going to jump out with a parachute. I'm sure he wouldn't want his wig to malfunction.

Heather Beather

LA me

What a bunch of **********! A 5.8 earthquack shut down D.C.??? Hell, I don't even get out of bed unless its over 6.0.

LA me

Well....if I can't type ******, then I'll just call them candy asses

Irene

Never having felt an earthquake before, it felt really strange. We live in NJ near PA and my husband had me convinced that I was nuts.

Ann

Ummm, how is this news?

Ann

Next time my building runs a fire drill and I am standing outside for 30 minutes in extremely hot weather because of a heat wave, when I get back to my desk, I better read about me on TMZ or I will be mad.

Kartrashian Klown

Why is it that residents outside of California always over exaggerate when it comes to earthquakes? They panic and have even called 911 about it. It's common here that there is nothing to worry about. It wasn't even that big. Big deal..who cares.

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

He was not the only one who stayed in doors. Why is this piece of "news" even relevant?

Sunshine

Did his hair move?

DetroitRocks

He would do anything for publicity. He probably called TMZ to tell them this story

dman

Seriously. Here on Long Island, the ground movement was about the same as when I am out on a boat and there are 6 inch waves. Strong winds will move the buildings in NYC more than this quake did. If you watched the news, you saw a bunch of drama queens evacuating their buildings. Either that or they needed an excuse not to work.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments