« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gilbert Arenas

Judge Clears Ex-Fiancee

for "Basketball Wives LA"

8/24/2011 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_gilbert_arenas_getty_BNGilbert Arenas' ex-fiancee is free to talk smack and get in as many catfights as she wants on "Basketball Wives LA" -- thanks to a federal court decision today.

A judge ruled against the NBA star's request to block Laura Govan from appearing on the show and mentioning his name.

The judge said Gilbert's claim that details of his family life should not be aired on the reality show -- is undercut by the fact he has "tens of thousands of Twitter users who follow [him] as he tweets about a variety of mundane occurrences."

Arenas has 51,103 Twitter followers. He and Govan have 4 children together.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CarolynAB

Attention TMZ editors: Ms. Govan is a female, and is therefore an ex-fiancee. Note the second "e."

A male would be a "fiance." Please correct this.

South Beach

Are ANY of these hookers actually WIVES? All I hear about are wives/girlfriends, etc..Yuk..

Jodi

LMAO @ "tweets about mundane occurrences.". Glad he got blocked.

The Real JJ

More gold-digging Ho's that get to make money off what their ex man is.

karlew

Jeez if he's this controlling when they're split up imagine what he was like when they were together. Glad you lost you giant douche

Monica

seriously I cannot take it if these "housewives" shows are supposed to be about real housewives what in the world is this woman doing trying to be on this show if she wuz just an ex fiancee- and the fact that he even took her to court so she could not go and ruin his life a la RHOBH anybody she's going to try to get famous because she wuz just an ex of his should NOT even be cast on this show if she wuz never really A "BASKETBALL WIfE"!!!!! bull crap seriously WTF!?!?!?!!! i'm sick of all these non wives on my housewives shows seriously already!!!

Leader of the ignorant masses

He must have some real good stuff to hide if he does not want her trashing him on that show. Probably something freaky like a diaper fetish.

Monica

just don't cast her as a basketball wife if she isn't one, and never wuz one, i don't see how her judgement won in this case what does twitter have to do with it i don't twitter now but do watch "reality" tv...

Dasher

I totally got to meet this guy in Toys R Us when I worked there last year. He's really strange...kind of like a robot. He smiled for maybe a second. Spent a bum load on his bad child though. Lucky pup. Ahh well, tis life.

TMZ dont like me

Damn, Gil. Shoulda got rid of the Twitter account, bruh...

eve from eden

I like to watch this show every now and then and laugh. They are still ghetto even with the queens cash. Cracks me up to see black women with white girl hair. Looks just as dumb as whitey with an afro. Like Jan Brady in the movie. Hilarious. I know someone who served them drinks and he spit in every one. He has hep. c.

Remember Me

Laura is angry, need help mentally and the best thing that happened for Arenas was to get rid of her. she could have turned out to be a dangerous woman to him and the children. she is really sick.

Brandy

The trade never stops in America... We are so caught up! I am not perfect In all that I do but starring in reality show is exploiting....and I feel that. Come on... this stuff is a waste of time, energy, and the rich making money off our dumb tails. Slaves to the trade.