T.I.

Released from Prison

8/31/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0830_TI_EX
Rapper T.I. has been released from an Arkansas prison -- and is on his way to either a community living facility or home confinement ... TMZ has learned.

T.I. was sentenced to 11 months behind bars after his drug possession arrest on the Sunset Strip back in September 2010 -- an arrest that caused law enforcement officials to revoke his probation stemming from a federal gun conviction back in 2009.

Chris Burke, spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, tells us T.I. was released at 7:29 AM local time ... and is "in transit" to begin the next leg of his sentence.

T.I. checked into prison on November 1, 2010 -- and he was originally scheduled to be released on September 29.

update_bar

9:09 AM: T.I.”s attorney, Jonathan Leonard, tells TMZ ... the rapper will serve the remainder of his sentence in a halfway house in Atlanta.

6:50 AM:
T.I. is already back on Twitter -- and just fired off a message saying, "The storm is over & da sun back out. IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!! Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!"

He also wrote, "Feels great to be back where I belong...Back in the arms of those who need me the most."

0831_TI_freedom_footer

anon.

Hopefully, he won't be back in prison soon.

Chase

He'll be back....

Stiletto

Was he walking funny when he left?

Brittany

Welcome home T.I.!!! Don't forget what you said on Get Back Up. "I won't take you down this road again". Your fans love you and believe in you that you won't! :)

NANCY

TIP!!!!!!!!

The Real JJ

Free T.I.P! Hes the truth.

There's a problem here

That thug could pack a family of four into those nostrils.

Snooki'sHairBump

Why did they release him? He's just going to get himself locked up again.

Maybe third times a charm?

tgrfan42069

i hate seeing people play the race card..but how many times has lindsay broken her probation and got a slap on the wrist in return yet this guy messes up one time while on probation and gets 11 months

Mikey

No one even know who you are.

She's baaaack

I hate to break this to you T.I., being the fine upstanding young man you are, but if you wanted to be in the arms of those who need you the most you would have stuck to being a law abiding man (note the word "MAN") instead of the azz.whole thug that you no doubt are and will continue to be.

anony

Don't worry--he'll be back.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

exactly who is this guy and strange how he tweets like a un-schooled-rapper and then talks normal..poserrrrr

Jade

If you care so much about the people who need you the most, why is your ass always in jail?

.:Loki4Ever:.

Guess he didn't spend time getting an education in prison. Nice spelling dipshi*

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments