T.I.

Accused of Tour Bus

Bait and Switch

9/2/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0901_ti_2_tmz_EX
TMZ has learned ... the reason T.I. was hauled back to prison from his halfway house is that he allegedly misled prison officials into thinking he'd take a low-key mode of transportation from the prison to the halfway house -- and a tricked out tour bus isn't low-key.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ -- when a prisoner is incarcerated in a low or medium security prison ... prison officials can allow the inmate to use a private, unescorted mode of transportation to travel from the prison facility to the halfway house.

During the process of approving such a transfer, the prisoner must state specifically what mode of transportation he or she will be using.  Our sources tell us ... T.I. informed prison officials he would be taking some sort of van, but made no mention of the high-end, pimped out tour bus.

0902_ti_tour_bus_AP_subWe're told prison officials felt T.I. should have fully disclosed the nature of his party bus. Neither drugs nor alcohol were found on the bus.

And get this ... law enforcement sources tell us ... when the U.S. Marshals arrived at the halfway house to take T.I. back to prison, the halfway house honcho actually got into an argument with them, saying it was ridiculous to send him back for such an alleged violation.  But the Marshals had their orders, and took T.I. back to the pokey.

Hey ... we're guessing there wasn't a box for "Tour Bus" on the form.

HER

The FBOP is FULL of positively ridiculous rules that they can neither explain NOR are enforced across the board. Example, in the same exact scenario an inmate might leave a different prison in the SAME tour bus and NOT ONE PERSON would care or raise an issue. THE FBOP IS NOTHING MORE THAN A STUPID SYSTEM RUN BY EQUALLY STUPID PEOPLE!!

izandroro

TI should be thrown in jail for the rest of his time....no half way house! he will be broke in a few years anyways

Ashley Poole

T.I. is a sussessfull rapper and these damn popo cant stand it. It is jelousy. They will not keep him down or out. He will come back harder.

Johnny Carcinoma

To jail him for that is insane. Insane!

sanane

xsdgfhjj

KELLI

Was the tour bus invisible when it picked him up from the prison??? What a waste of tax payer money...someone should lose their job over this bulls#!^.

Chef Jack Tripper

The mentally retarded refuse to listen to rap because they find it an insult to their intelligence.

Tee

How utterly ridiculous he got there on time without incident who cares how.

Jimmy Brown

who gives a ****!! who cares how he got there , he got there didn't he? bunch of sorry mother *******!!

AC

Pure mockery of the justice system.

jd

This is absolutely ridicoulous I mean come on... Clue in.. you ( meaning the police ) let people like casey anthony out a REAL CRIMINAl endless amounts of I MEAN ENDLESS amounts of white collar crime criminals are not ever even looked at because in a way they feed the economy... but if this AFRICAN AMERICAN ( that being the main key ) I am not african american but anyone with any sense can see that the only reason he is going back to jail is because he is AFRICAN AMERICAN and he had enough money to leave jail in a tour bus and a four car motorcade.... if it was pari******on or lindsay lohan doing the same it is accepted ... CLUE IN seriously some justice for T.I. man stay strong

Ace

Really ridiculous. Makes the police/prison people look sooo freak'n bad or even corrupt.

Lotus72

REALLY????? Come on now Lindsay Lohan gets away with DUI's, VIOLENT ATTACKS, STEALING and T.I. gets arrested for taking a tour bus to his half way house....He didn't go party he went straight to where he had to go...Who cares how he got there.....Our judicial system is beyond screwed up!!!!!

Jodi

I have never been a fan of T.I. but this is ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer's money. Prison officials obviously have it in for him. There is no way they should send T.I. back to prison because his bus was fancy.

D-INCARNATION

Taking a tour bus was a douchey to do.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments