'Two and Half Men' Mom

Charlie and Ashton

'Are Totally Different'

9/3/2011 5:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0903_holland_taylor_video_tmz
Holland Taylor has been working with Ashton Kutcher on "Two and a Half Men" for a few weeks now -- and she says there's no comparing him with Charlie Sheen ... they're just too different.

When our photog asked if Ashton could fill Charlie's shoes, she told us, "No one can fill Charlie's shoes. He's not trying to fill Charlie's shoes. He's being Ashton! They are both delightful. They are totally different."

She plays a mom on TV, of course that's what she'd say!

Bruno

Yep, Ashton isn't a drugged out looney toon.

static

Cancelled by mid-season.

Bad Motherhugger

Boooriiing! Next!

some guy

I still think that "Full House" guy would've been a better choice. He's so dreamy.

heather

What do you mean of course she'd say that? She's not being paid to say that. God TMZ, You're such losers.

carina

Ashton Kutcher reminds me o*****oofy 13 yr old kid, and I hate all the stupid faces he makes when he thinks he's being cute. This show will get cancelled.

Different Rules Apply

She is being appropriately professional....she's not going to publicly say that Ashton is an A$$ and totally immature and full of himself. She can't, but I can.

KnuckleDragger

Yeah, that's why he's a photographer, because he knows what questions to ask. "Will Kutcher fill Charlie's shoes?" Absolutely not. This isn't like replacing a spark plug in an engine; I expect it to be a new departure. It's no longer 2½ Men...it's going to be 2 Men & The New Guy trying to mock 2½ Men. It'll have to stand on it's own...and that's going to be up to Lorre...not Kutcher. Trying to reboot a series with this much controversy is tough, really tough. This isn't like replacing **** York with ******argent in 'Bewitched'.

I see a lot of people tuning in to see how this plays out.

JohnniePolo

I'd do this old GILF.

some guy

I saw Ashton on Letterman a little while ago. Does he really not know how Charlie dies? He's a better actor than I give him credit for if he was just kidding.

CriticXtreme

I have no idea what she's talking about. I want to know where she got her frames?

LittleBIt

Yeah Ash baby!!! Can't wait to watch the show for the first time ever when the season starts with you in it. Oughta be awsome! Excellent decision on the networks part to put Ashton in. He's an awsome actor. He can do funny - he can do serious and he's drop dead gorgeous! Yeaaahhhhh baby!

Rocco

If you knew what she'd say, why'd ya ask her? DOH !

always

A$$ton sucks as a actor. The only thing he is good at is acting like a monkey . Guy is a joke. Mommy must have pulled some strings for him. What was he third choice, nothing to brag about buddy, they didn't want you in the begining. After the good actors said no they had to scrap the bottom of the barrel.

larry

I just LOVE Holland Taylor and have since she played baddie Denise on Edge of Night years ago. She is a class act and I hope she is hired for a new job when 2 1/2 is cancelled 1 month into the new season. Asston won't cut it!!!! He's no talent and pure arrogance. He should have never been hired for the role. Probably his mother/wife got him the job!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments