« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kurt Angle

Arrested for DWI

9/4/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_kurt_angle_mug_ex
Wrestling legend Kurt Angle was arrested early this morning on charges of driving under the influence ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... Angle's car was spotted by another driver ... swerving between lanes on I-66. Angle was busted by Virginia State Troopers, who responded to the call, and taken to Warren County Jail.

He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 AM.

Angle won the gold medal in wrestling at the 1996 Olympics before turning to professional wrestling. He made his name in the WWE and is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Muppet

Another idiot that doesn't know enough to hire a cab. They need harsher punishment for drinking and driving!

Harttra

Will he be fired as well? Just like Matt Hardy was following his DWI.

Abe

Who the fook is Kurt Angle?

How about focusing on real celebrities, Harveypoo?

x

gd45

What a loser, pretty sure he does this every couple of years and then gets off thanks to his gold medal.

ang

lol first time i can say i like the virginia police!

twistedvincent

That sucks....he just started training for the 2012 Olympics too.

Chris

You sure it wasn't Kurt Angle Jr.? The dude looks way different here compared to his wrestling days.

Bad Motherhugger

Ahh, Kurt "I've-got-a-prescription-for-those-'roids" Angle's yearly DUI case. This is his third? Fourth? Who cares... he'll be back for more next year.

bagladey

Abe: 31 minutes ago

Who the fook is Kurt Angle?

Belle Pepper

Are we sure this is Kurt Angle??? It doesn't really look like him, unless he's lost weight.

Tayzilla

Luck grants Angle a DWI once again without harming another person. It's hypocritical of TNA to just sit back and look the other way. cough*Matt Hardy*Cough.....Kurt's on probation and this is a serious violation. If an average joe were in this situation he'd be looking at jail time.

Jim in Cali

YOU SUCK!!

Krystal

I think it is very sad that just b/c he is famous there is a public event made out of this, it happens everyday to million of people, maybe he made a mistake, last time I checked noone was perfect!!!!

necessity

The Commonwealth of Virginia is actually pretty tough on DUIs... Well, I guess it depends on how much money you have at your disposal for lawyers and the like... I believe for DUI 2 in Virginia, the mandatory minimum sentence is 30 days in jail... I know for DUI 3 in Virginia, the sentencing guidelines are 6 months to 5 years..... 6 months bare minimum. They will not provide you with bond either... You will stay until all of your hearings are done, and your time is served. And they charge you a dollar a day to stay in jail, which you're responsible for after you get out. They also use the inmates for free labor, but that's everywhere. Jail is just a business... But I agree, DUIs are stupid... Obviously... Glad I don't even drink.;)

Krystal

I think it's crazy that all you people give this muc attention just b/c he is a celebrity!! I personally met Kurt Angle and my son & myself think he is a great guy, so what he made a mistake!!! Last time I checked not one of you was perfect either!!!! I mean damn cut the mansome sack, he is a great person if you ever get the chance tomeet him!!!! Don't jugde someone for their skeletons unless you are ready to get yours judged!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments