Russell Armstrong

Family WILL Watch "RHBH"

To Protect His Image

9/5/2011 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_housvies_russel_armstrong_getty_exRussell Armstrong's family is watching tonight's "Real Housewives of Beverly HIlls" season premiere with extremely critical eyes -- and is prepared to take legal action ... depending on what they see.

Ron Richards, the attorney representing Russell's parents ... tells TMZ, the family wants to make sure nothing that "would make Russell look bad" airs in the highly anticipated premiere episode.

TMZ broke the story ... shortly before his death, Russell told a friend he was concerned about his negative portrayal on the show. Bravo has said it was doing some re-editing due to Russell's death ... but didn't specifically mention the premiere episode.

Richards says the family will explore legal options if they see something they don't like tonight.

Seant

They are pathetic. The reality of who this guy really was is much worse than anything Bravo has aired or will air.

kat

melissa you couldn't have said it better.
his death has nothing to do with bravo or the show.

Craig

OK, now I'm getting worked up. Andy Cohen and Bravo did not kill Russell Armstrong. Russell killed Russell. And he was a grown man when he and his wife signed up for the show. His families and lawyers can threaten all they want, but they have no leg to stand on. And Bravo isn't MTV. Sure, some of the housewives are over the top, but from what I can tell, that is THEIR decision and not Bravo coercing them.

I watched the intro to tonight's show, and it was - as I would expect - respectful yet honest. They alluded to the fact that Taylor told the housewives she was being physically abused, but never out and out said it. And they showed the housewives and their partners having very normal reactions to his suicide - sadness, guilt and anger. If the family or their attorneys have a problem with that, go on and waste your time and sue. It's not going to bring Russell back or alleviate the guilt you feel yourselves over what happened.

Muppet

Nice to see so many people thinking of this man's children he left behind when they're commenting. This is what's wrong with society today, noone gives a hoot about anyone else. What a shame.

ex lax

who should give a darn about a guy that took the chickens way out?

go home!

I'm getting really tired of hearing this family talking about his "reputation." The man was a wife beater plain and simple. He dug his own grave, literally & figuratively. RHOBH is not going to change that.

C51Creatiions

This guy is a horrible person. Ladies need to speak out! http://c51creations.com

JR

Im sure everything will be ok. Just hang in there! bwahahaha

MARGETALICA

instead of spending 60 k on a kids party both of those losers should have used it for shock treatments...

cali

I still have not seen any do***ent proof of abuse. If anyone knows where to find the court do***ents, please put the link up.
This just all seems like drama Taylor and Bravo stirred up

They R all Liars N Grifters

Cali, right, not one do***ent and yhe "alledged beating photo" feom one of Taylor's previous face reconstruction photos were pathetic. If Russell had hit her hard enough to need sutures the entire eye orbit would still have been black and blue, and then some.

TheUltraworld

There now worrying about his image? A violent temper, a gay lover? Shady business dealings? What could RHOBH possibly do to his image that he hasn't done himself?
I watched the show & I think they handled the situation respectfully.

SparksHelene

I just got a $829.99 iPad2 for only $103.37 and my mom got a $1499.99 HDTV for only $251.92, they are both coming with USPS tomorrow. I would be an idiot to ever pay full retail prices at places like Walmart or Bestbuy. I sold a 37" HDTV to my boss for $60...0 that I only paid $78.24 for. I use BidsOut.com

Machelle

I thought
they did
the show
in a very
tasteful
manner.

Oil Man

The guy killed himself. Who cares why his family is watching. What are they going to do? The guy killed him self.