Soulja Boy

RIPPED By Military Vet

For Anti-Army Rap

9/5/2011 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0902_soulja_boy_tmz_ex
A proud military veteran is demanding an apology from Soulja Boy -- after the rapper posted a video saying, "f**k the army troops."

Soulja ignited a wave of controversy this week over his new song, "Let's Be Real" -- which includes the lyrics:

"F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ...
... I'll be flying through the clouds with green like I'm Peter Pan."

090211_soulja_boy_v2_still

TMZ spoke with Fred A. Flores -- a disabled Marine Veteran who is now a commissioner for the L.A. County Veteran’s Advisory Commission. Flores tells us, "It's a very offensive statement ... especially with the 10th anniversary of 9/11 coming up."

Flores -- who has two children currently serving in the military -- calls Soulja "Ungrateful" ... adding, "He should apologize to ALL armed forces."

"[The rap] is very irresponsible," Flores stated ... "especially for a person who is an entertainer for the youth of our country."

Soulja Boy's rep refused to comment.

jecarta

bad business

Glenda

My husband is a veteran and my son is active duty. My son just returned from a tour of Afghanistan. To say that I would like to slap this little wanna be is an understatement. I don't accept his apology. It makes me sick to think of good, decent military members who have given all so this little twirp can sing his disgusting sons...Take it to the middle east you little weasel. Go to Iran or Syria and sing your little trashy songs about their government or soldiers and see what happens...

Proud of My Soldier

I am really happy with the px not selling his CD, but I will make sure they ban anything that Russell Simmons might be selling us like baby phat which my daugther loves, will also make sure MWR doesn't support DEF Comedy Jam either, which I would not miss everytime they brought their stand ups to our base. I am proud of my husband and all the soldiers who are defending our freedom, and deeply grateful to those who have make the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. Shame on anyone who acts this way.

Dalgast

Boi, back in my day, a piece of **** like you would be hanging from a tree, eye and tongue all swollen and **** running down your leg. A little DAN like you hasn't got the balls to say your **** to a vets face, you'de be rappin in hell in 30 sec or less. And if it was me, I'd put a 7.62X39 smack dab in the middle of your fore head. Matter a fact that ain't a bad idea, where's your next concert. You ain't even good enough to use the "N" word on.

rebekah

his words mean nothing i am sure my husband and all his fellow soldiers no what they are fighting for and they are doing it well. thank you to my husband and my hero a true soldier in the US ARMY and thank you to all the other military out there do our country a great service so proud to be an army wife

Nikki Jo Porras

We do have Freedom of speech, BUT when you are disrespectful to ANY GROUP of people, it is wrong! WE do not allow BULLYING of Gays or Handicap or races...etc....AND Vetrans should also be on a list to not disrespect, in fact we shouldnt NE...ED a LIST, These men and women have supported and protected our country for centuries...and deserve respect! IT should be common sense that we do not bad mouth or bully ANYONE...TOO MANY people take advantage of the freedom of speech ! I am Wiccan and we BELIEVE in doing as we wish AS LONG AS NONE ARE HARMED! FREE WILL freedom to express yourself is one thing but allowing anyone to harm or disrespect anyone is NOT right...and we do have the right to stand up and say: I DONT LIKE YOUR MUSIC IT IS WRONG...RAP music IMO in general has gone way out of the limits of freedom of speech it , in most cases i*****eful and mean , degrades women and puts down the GOOD LEGAL things in life, glorifies THUG LIFE...S E X $$$$$ drug use and gang wear and language...DO the people who listen to these songs KNOW how they got the FREEDOM to sing this crap? I am not some old fart, I enjoy all sort of music, but ANY SONG that is full of hate toward any group or organization should be BLOCKED OUT, sell it to your own kind but NO AIRWAVE for these songs, any station that plays these songs should pay a fine to play it, $100,000.00 each time they play that song ! Then they will see that FREEDOM comes with a PRICE TAG!

Tracey

Yet it is ok for rappers to demean women on a daily basis? I am a woman and I am not offended. Looks like the military folks are bigger whiners than anyone. It's a fkn song. Guess we can compare you tough military folks to Lyndsay Lohan now. She is suing Pit Bill for mentioning her in his lyrics. PATHETIC! GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Tracey

HMMM...fighting for what. Seems like a legit statement to me.

Tracey

PS My husband is in the military AND writes rap lyrics. Rebekah, nice to see someone with a clue!

brewcity

wtf wrong wit soulja. might have just f*#ked his career all up

gerry cheng

they called that a song or a rap? its more sounds like a narration of a mongoloid kid

Misty White

I think his song is disgusting. I don't even know what to say about his apology but why is he the only one apologizing. What about the producers? My son, my baby is a medic in Afghanistan right now, and he has lost so many people in his unit. It is like the producers and this so called Soulja Boy would have more decency and respect for our troops, veterans and families that are waiting and supporting our troops. No one has asked him to support the war. No one has asked me to support the war. BUT I WILL SUPPORT MY SON AND THE TROOPS. Because of them, he can make stupid comments like he made. If he does not like our military maybe he should go to another country.

DJ Dammit Man X (USAF)

I suggest he go spend some time overseas with real soldiers in the real sh*t. Perhaps get tossed out of a plane and really have to wonder where he parachute is as his “song” suggested. BTW to include “Soulja” in your name, is honestly IMO a complete slap in the face of REAL AMERICANS PAST AND PRESENT..
HERE'S A LITTLE HISTORY LESSON, THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE WAS A PART OF THE "ARMY" UNTIL September 18, 1947, .... "The Birth of the U.S. Air Force.. SO I TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY!!!

SO I SAY DROP HIM FROM YA PAGES, LIKES, ALBUMS, CD'S, HISTORY, SCREW YOU ...

BY THE WAY... ITS SOLDIER.... PROLLY GOT REJECTED FROM OUR GREAT SERVICE

AND NO... NO APOLOGY WILL "FIX" THE DAMAGE YOU MADE

J. Warren

How dare him say those things, he is not hard. I am a Marine and it only goes to break the spirits of those awesome men and women who fight all around the world. The only way is to have EVERYONE stop buying his albums. Do not believe the apologies either. It is simply a P.R. response.

wendy

I don't care if the song is not put on album, I say burn the rest of the cd's and ban his music from any American store. He doesn't deserve the respect. spend a few weeks with REAL soldiers in Iraq. and no matter how many times he apologies, no one will forgive this one....

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments