Bethenny Frankel

I NEVER Lied About 'Skinnygirl'

9/6/2011 7:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_bethenny_frankel_skinny_margarita_bn_tmz
Bethenny Frankel insists she NEVER misled the public about the ingredients in her Skinnygirl Margarita cocktail ... despite the fact it was recently pulled from Whole Foods.

Frankel just posted a statement on her website saying, "We would not sell anything that I don’t personally drink. I’m a natural foods chef and health is a top priority for me and my family."

She adds, "The Skinnygirl Margarita is made with natural ingredients and its label is consistent with U.S. federal regulations, which is why it is carried in stores nationwide and continues to fly off the shelves."

Bethenny concludes, "I built my brand on trust and honesty. I don’t take lightly obvious attempts to put my integrity in question. I will always answer your questions and concerns directly and truthfully."

As TMZ previously reported, Whole Foods yanked the product from its shelves recently ... claiming the drink contains a preservative that is NOT a natural ingredient.

Frankel told The Post, "I'm not making wheatgrass here. If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. [The Skinnygirl Margarita] is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product."

0906_celeb_bartenders_footer

who farted

Are people that dumb that they can't make a margarita from three ingredients and have to buy some sugary drink? Margaritas are tequila,contreux and lime/lemon juice. That's it's. Btw, hard alcohol is poison to your body. Drink some doses.

Lekili

A chef, where did you get your schooling?

char

don't begrudge bethenny for cashing in and making money,but didn't know alcohol was considered natural or healthy or close to nature as one can get. i think bethennys getting called out on this one and it does have merit. still love her show and hubby with the baby.

moxie

Uh, cointreau...
Oh no, what will I have to wash down my skinny girl cheeseburger and skinny girl french fries and skinny girl fried chicken? How about some skinny girl beerski's.

SL

I dont understand the facination with the stupid "Housewives"...she looks like a Large Mouth Bass in this picture...

DV

"[The Skinnygirl Margarita] is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product."

Hey Bethenny--"as close to nature" is not the same as "all natural." So yeah, you did lie.

Craig

FYI - the preservative in skinnygirl margaritas is sodium benzoate, a chemical that even soda companies have started to eliminate due to health concerns (See: www.naturalnews . com / 024197_sodium_benzoate_Coca-Cola . html)

And you left out the last part of Bethenny's quote which REALLY makes her sound like an a**: "We were bound to piss someone off and everyone loves to try to tear down a success. This is a non-event. I haven’t lost even a wink of sleep.”

EVLBERT

sodium benzoate = not natural...EOT

soulofanangel

Was just contacted by a "source" to get licensing rights to original poem above.....HHHmmmmmm.

BETHENNY SCOOPED THE CASH

aquanet

If she were a natural chef, she would know, and not have used SB in her products. For her dismiss it like its no big deal, just shows me she knew what she was doing, didnt care, lied and now is just trying to sweep the bad publicity under the rug.

But Honey, word of mouth about how horrid the product taste, natural or otherwise, is you biggest problem. People might buy it once, but I have yet to know anyone to buy it again.

magmax

Nice photo. She wanted to show off her bullfrog impersonation.

it puts the margarita in its' mouth.

Jan

Her bottle tells you the ingredients. If you are too stupid to think you can bottle lime and agave plant for shelf life and not use a a chemical to preserve it, you should not drink at all. Whole Foods is showing how dumb they are by selling it in the first place.FYI: I buy it, drink it and love it. It's HALF the calories of regular drink.

Sloane

tastes like crap and a becomes a carcinogen when anything with vitamin C is mixed with it...lime joice etc.
..what's not to love!!

WON'T BE BUYING THIS SWILL!

Scotty

Bethenny's great! Don't buy it if you don't like it, but she never lied about the ingredients.

Gavin Newsom

Is she going to start a new line called "Ugly Girl?"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments