Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

~Soulja Boy

Stephanie

You say you dont mean to say things about our troops its just the war that our people here in the states needs to be taken care of. Ok all I have to say we do have troops that does help out in the states. They have to follow orders. Sounds like your blameing the wrong people for them being overseas fighting to protect our country and fighting so you dont have to. All I know is that Soulja Boy will never get any buisness from me or my family. Grow up.

Rhonda B

I feel this apology is only coming because his music is now being boycotted by a number of military retail outlet stores and a petition has been started by military, active duty and retired members, to have his music banned from sale at all military facilities.
It seems rather hollow to me that only after he gets an un-favorable reception did he find it necessary to apologize to the millions he offended.
Our military is the backbone of our nation; they not only fight for our freedoms but for those who are not strong enough to fight for themselves. Regardless if we agree with the billions spent on these wars, what our military does every day of their lives is give the hope to those less fortunate in these foreign lands, the hope that one day they too can have the right to live their lives as free individuals, to express their opinion without reprimand, or the fear of death.
I love how the filthy rich love to “EXPRESS” their opinion by verbally abusing our people, our military; they make these so called songs only to line their pockets, while our military have laid their lives on the line and have died giving them the right to do so.
As the wife of a retired military member APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!

Fed up with mount breathers

Why are you taking it out on the troops. They follow orders. Why are you not taking it out on the government?

"I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry."

So you say f*ck them? Are you for real? What a mouth breather!

U.S. Army Alumni

**** Soulja Boy !

sue

u know soulja boy....we all have choices and ur choice was to do this rap song....u knew what u were doin and singin when u did it....i mean u had to have read over it before u published it right?? did it not occur to u what u were rappn?? i c there were no second thoughts to what u did and now u apologize?? really?? well maybe there were no second thoughts to that cuz u knew that u offended most of America and had to cover ur ass.....i think u should be sentenced to going and standn in our troops shoes for a long time and lets see how hard and real u really r soulja boy!! id bet wed find out whos really the real ones and u wont be on that list!!!

Reese0220

F**k him, I don't believe he actually said that, I will forgive this P**sy when he goes through boot camp and spends a few 7 months tours overseas the way we do. Until then F**K Soulja Boy

Sodier Mom

NOT ACCEPTED! Someone needs to hand your sorry a$$ to our troops. My son is 20 in Afghanistan and a purple heart. Boy, there is a huge difference between getting killed on the streets by your own and getting killed in war! You think you are so tough, I want to see you get tough and stand in front of my son and many more fighting to see how tough your really are. Lets get real here, you call yourself "Souljia BOY", BOY is correct! I think America should ban any and everything you ever sell or sold and get money back from the prev. purchases. You dis'ed the people that fight for your right to rap. You just hung yourself FOOL!

Jim L,

Apology not accepted. Ever! U.S.C.G. 22yrs.

Charity

I personally have not heard the lyrics or song. However alot of my friends have, and they are the ones fighting and putting their lives on the line everyday so that he can stay free and speak that garbage. I understand what this apology says but from what I have read of the lyrics, I do not see how he could have written this but was meaning to say what he did in the apology. It is very obvious that this did come from a PR trying to protect his investment. My army and marine friends would just like to offer him this challenge.....join the corp or army. See how far you can make it and fear for your life everyday, knowing that there are people like you out there who dont give a damn. Also, knowing that you may die so that some s*** of the earth people can have their freedom. It's what a soldier does. They are taught to be selfless and to fight to protect human life, even if some of those humans dont deserve their protection. You really should change your name because anyone who can write that crap should not be allowed to have their name be any variation of the word soldier.

Rickmuhn

Soulja Boy did something stupid and everyone hates it. This is no new thing. It happens every time he releases a song, and now he singled out the wrong people by commenting on our troops. I highly doubt he wrote this apology.

Jenkins

He doesn't give a ****, he's just trying to save face. 48 people got shot in NYC in 3 days? I blame ghetto rap and this POS. Someone slap his ****.

Charles Barnhill

Utter nonsense!! Apology not accepted! The gall and condescension in such a disingenuous statement holds no merit. “I let my words get the best of me” C’mon!!! Let’s see here…You wrote the lyrics (or someone else did), put the rhymes to beats, rehearsed it and then sat/stood in a recording studio to record this vile condemnation of our military, at no time you didn’t see this was wrong! His statement holds no weight and is inexcusable!! He can exercise his right to free speech and expression flying around on his newly purchased $55M private jet while citizen soldiers, airmen, sailors, marines and coast guardsmen are fighting and defending those freedoms he choose to freely exercise by demonizing the men and women who afford him those treasured rights. He did it for nothing more than blatant publicity and to make himself newsworthy…more money. I hope he’s proud of himself for attempting to make more money at the belittling the common man/woman while he enjoy his short lived fortunes. Go ahead and continue Soulja Toy with your creative freedom of expression at the expense of our nation’s military, to some WERE your fans! Here’s to your bottom line…you reap what you sow…OUT

CHARLES L. BARNHILL, JR., TSgt, USAF (RET)

Andre

He need to meet a 4 time vet from the block thats 25 years old that will slap the taste outta his ***** ass mouth. I dont understand why he chose those words to get some publicity. War sucks and if you put Soulja boy out in Iraq or Afghanistan for 5 minutes he will be crying to go home. I guess you can kiss your whack ass career bye bye brah.

Jennifer

This apology letter is full of crap! There is always truth behind what is said. And as everyone else has pointed out, if it was not for the bad rap you are getting on this one would not be issued. YOur music is crap just like you!

Jack Schubbe

Ignorant, arrogant, and I will never listen to his music again!!