« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Irvin

I Don't Believe Al Michaels!!!

Raiders CAN Win Super Bowl

9/7/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090711_michael_irvin_v2_still

NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl ... or three ... and last night, he spoke out AGAINST Al Michaels ... saying the Oakland Raiders CAN win a championship during Al Davis' lifetime.

Irvin told TMZ ... it doesn't matter who's running the front office -- insisting the PLAYERS ultimately determine the success of an NFL franchise.

It's great logic in theory ... but Davis is the man who puts the players on the field -- and over the years, he's picked guys like JaMarcus Russell and Andrew Walter.

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Meanie

Who cares. The more important story should be: Did Max wash his hair yet, this week?

mike

More Crack Michael? Loud Mouth Dope head. No one wants to hear your loud mouth

kingborg

BOTH ARE RIGHT. cause we know hell could freeze over.

James R. - Los Angeles

Everyone knows that if the Raiders won a Superbowl, the fans would burn Oakland down like the Detroit Tiger fans did after the 1984 World Series.

AntiSocialForum.com

Michael Irvin should stick to what he knows best, crack, whores and DWTS

Hairyelf

A big sign of how bad things have fallen is they go undefeated in their decision last year and were in contention for division late and they fire their coach. I couldn't understand this move whatsoever.

Amaroni

Just how many championships does Al "nepotism" Michaels have? Da Raiders have a couple. Irvin is right, on any given Sunday any team can be the best.

middleagedcrazy

Just weird -- why doesn't LA have a football team? My kids make fun of me because I can't remember that the Rams are in St. Louis now. Oakland?

No comment

Al Davis is still alive? The 'any giving Sunday' quote is a load, because any given Sunday a team can win, but one Sunday win isn't enough to win the West, the AFC, or the SuperBowl.

chzbrgrmachne

I don't actually care about Al Davis. I live in Denver, and this is Raider Hater country out here. So any bad year for the Raiders is a good year for me. Oh, I also think that Tim Tebow was a MAJOR screw up on our part. :/

Rogue Warrior

Michael is attempting to smooth over his image and I wouldn't expect to see him stepping on anyone's toes in the near future.

Mike

For the record, this man has done a lot of drugs. A lot.

bear

Go do another line of coke, no one cares what you think.

Hanging to da lef

Irvin you coke head! Al Davis is an old washed up dust fart. He screws over people and thinks he is always right. He doesn't have many friends in the NFL...

brenda nettles

Why is Al Davis right about MIchaels cheating on his wife. Anyway what does this have to do with football. The RAIDERS is my favorite team and always will be. GO RAIDERS. I HAVE A SAYING YOU PLAY YOU PAY. RAIDERS FAN

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments