'That's So Raven' Star

I Was NOT Driving

During DUI Arrest

9/8/2011 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_orlando_brown_getty_EX"That’s so Raven" star Orlando Brown claims he was NOT driving drunk on the night he was arrested for DUI ... in fact, dude claims he wasn't DRIVING at all.

TMZ spoke with Brown's manager Reno Rankin ... who tells us the 23-year-old actor admits he drank 3 glasses of wine in his home on August 12 ... when a female friend drove over to listen to his new CD.

Brown says he was so excited to play the album for his friend ... he waited for her outside his L.A. home and when she rolled up, he got into the driver's seat to pop his CD into the player.

As TMZ previously reported, cops claim the car didn't have a license plate -- and they stopped to check out the situation. That's when they found Brown behind the wheel and arrested him for DUI.

But Brown's rep tells us, "He never intended to drive anywhere at all" -- insisting he was ONLY in the car to play the CD for his friend.

Brown is due back in court later this month.

Brandon

No one is ever driving during the arrest.

Missy

If his friend just rolled up, wouldn't he have hopped into the PASSENGER seat to pop his CD in? Fishy

addy

Sounds like a story trying to be sold. If the guy is *waiting outside* for his friend to ride up, he's more than likely going to jump in the passenger seat. His version doesn't make much sense...

Strokadellic

Good luck with that one, LL Cool J.

who dat

Tip to all you drunk drivers. If the cops didn't see you drive up and find yourself in the same pickle; Take the keys out of the ignition (b4 they walk up to the car of course). They can't prove you had any intent of driving.

Kathy

A black guy pulled over by the police? He and his lawyer will say racial profiling.

jensambo

I don't buy it.

Quinn

why do I find it hard to imagine that this tv personality who I am sure has made a pretty penny with that show does not have a cd player in his house.

Deb

If you're in the drivers seat with the keys in the ingition you are in "care and control" of the vehicle. At least you are if you're in Canada. Nice try though.

Ray

If you are in the car's drivers seat and the keys are in the ignition you are DUI even if you are sleeping in a parked car.

Robataille

He looks like the gay girl from the series "The Wire".

She's baaaack

Let me think ... I'm some sort of "star," but at least I'm rich enough to buy a totally tricked out sound system for my home. I get drunk all by myself then when a friend pulls up in front of my house and the damn cops stop to "check out the situation." Well you see, the thing is when the bitch pulled up I was so excited I never even considered letting her hear my tunes on my tricked out sound system, ao I slam her azz out of the drivers seat so I can pop my CD in so she can her it out of her tinny sounding speakers. Ok, I get it. That makes perfect sense to me. Now, who is this young colored man?

ladydiinpa

lady lookin sunglasses...

Orlando Pineda

Didn't Raven see this in one of her visions?

God-Of-Lyf

And if that doesn't work, He can always use the racial card. These people make me sick!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments