Jim Carrey

I'm Fighting 'The Man'

... with a Spray Can!!

9/8/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0908_jim_carrey_Vnew_EX
Jim Carrey
is leading a 1-man rebellion against New York City officials who claim he has NO RIGHT to spray paint the front of his art studio ... and he's exacting revenge with the help of his imaginary friend.

Carrey tells TMZ ... the drama began when city officials painted over some "street art" he had spray painted on the outside wall of his West Village art studio.

Carrey says the street art featured an image of a character he created named "Baba" -- a "mischievous deity ... [who] exists in negative space."

So today, Carrey stuck it to The Man with a brand new piece of street art on the same wall -- featuring another image of Baba ... along with the message, "This graffiti reapplied pursuant to ... [Baba]"

Carrey tells TMZ ... he's not upset with the city worker who painted over his work ... saying, "This gentleman has a job to do" ... but he adds, "I'm just doing my job now as an artist and putting it back up."

He adds, "They can take it down again if they want to and it's OK with me ... I'll even pay for it."

0908_jim_carrey_sub_swipe

samme21

what has happened to that poor man. he seems to be going insane and not in a funny comedic ace ventura kind of way. crazy like a man who needs some help fast...

anni

His latest try for publicity has made him look like a fool. Nothing funny about a washed-up, hasbeen, ugly, desperate for attention seeking loser. And that video to Em was just too creepy, he damned near old enough to be her Grandpa. He will get arrested soon for exposing his Johnson in public or some such foolery.

Adele

I have always liked Jim Carrey very much.....Unfortunately, I think the stress of his carrier is getting to him. He needs someone to talk to and someo0ne who will listen to him as the world is a cold place.....

ChunkyLightning

That's whats great about having a ton of money you can be like Bush Sr. and buy your son fake jobs or like Carey just make one up yourself.

Lee90

Save the art for the studio, weirdo.

Edgar

Why is this any kind of news?

Sonja

It's not his garage, it's not a residence, it is commercial property, it's an art studio. He should be allowed to 'art' the outside of it if he wants to, it's not going to lower property values one bit.

Ray

PUBLICITY STUNT, feeling his "celebrity" fading, he tries to reaffirm his relavency by creating this bogus controversy, and as always, the idiot media follows along like lemmings marching to the sea.

Muppet

People hire painters to paint pictures on the sides of their buildings all over the world. I'm not sure I'm understanding why he's not allowed to paint whatever picture he wants on his building. I guess it boils down to what people consider art. Who gets to decide?

Maggie

So this is the kind of thing that rich people with no real problems worry about...

No comment

Jim has gone 'Charlie crazy'. Winning!

After his video about that young actress, I think he is stealing a page from Charlie's playbook. I see a meltdown rehab coming.

Fan

Jim Carrey is unimportant, yet he badly wants to be important.

CyndiChainsaW

Stick it to the man!!

Jackie

HA HA....Great actor, but he's still a prick

Holly

Wow, this guy has too much money and too much time on his hands. He's really full of himself!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments