Mel Gibson

Why I Want to Make A

Jewish Hero Movie

9/10/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0909_mel_gibson_ex
Mel Gibson has a passion for the story of Judah Maccabee, one of the greatest Jewish heroes of all time, but is not doing the movie as an act of contrition.

Sources very close to Mel tell TMZ ... Gibson does not feel the need to bridge a gap between himself and the Jewish community, because he doesn't believe a gap exists.  They say Mel is adamant -- he does not hate Jews, noting that his lawyers are Jewish, his publicist is Jewish, and he has many Jewish friends and employees.

As for Mel's anti-Semitic rant during his 2006 DUI arrest, Mel has written two public letters of apology and also met with numerous leaders in the Jewish community to discuss where he went wrong.

0909_mel_docs
As for the movie, Mel has wanted to produce it for a decade, telling our sources it's actually a statement against corruption in the church.  Mel believes Maccabee's story parallels the modern church, and he thinks the movie will help force change.

realist

Well I said frau could be pejorative. thanks Herr Klatsch for the proof.

fuddyduddy

Realist -- that's exactly how "Herr kleines Kind" meant 'Frau' and 'Fraus' on this board. I NEVER understood him to mean it in a respectful way at all. And your 'perjorative' was spot on!

fuddyduddy

TMZgossip -- you need to make sure you address your last post to the proper person. I didn't say anything about book reading, but ShirleyHolmes did, and I know exactly the post she was referring to. I don't really give a flyin' flip what you read. I would not waste my time on reading 'Mein Kampf' written by ole' Adolf Hitler himself. Why would I want to waste my time on reading the crazy ramblings of one of the most evil and vile human beings ever to walk this earth? I guess some people do...

fuddyduddy

Below was posted by ShirleyHolmes:

shirleyholmes: 307 days ago

Just finished reading Hitler's Mein Kampf.
*sigh*
What a parallel to Gibson.
Hitler blows himself up at the end... dare I say "we can only hope"

(only partly tongue in cheek, but just as absurd as the above)

Posted at 12:19 PM on Nov 8, 2010 by TMZgossip

---------------------------------

Actually, TMZG, the first similarity between "Mein Kampf" and you is the title: "My Struggle," in recognizing facts and staying in reality. :-)

Posted at 1:34 PM on Nov 8, 2010 by Genna

--------

I don't beleive I am actually doing this but I don't believe TMZG was comparing Mel Gibson to this book he was just poking fun at the girls compareing Oxshanna to the Tolstoy novel "ANNA what-her -name ".

He just like to play in traffic. it gives him his kicks.

Posted at 1:42 PM on Nov 8, 2010 by ketjo

------------------------
------------------------
see link: http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/04/mel-gibson-photo-smile-los-angeles-oksana-grigorieva/28/#comments-anchor

Traced TMZ gossip. This is his website. He is really a sick freak.

Posted at 6:41 PM on Nov 4, 2010 by big chief
-------------------------

LOL! Are you serious or are you kidding? How did you find him?

Posted at 6:53 PM on Nov 4, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Googled a number of his statements, all of which matched the same statements to one web site. He is into fantasy Nazism. I knew it was TMZ gossip. Dude's a freak.

Posted at 6:12 AM on Nov 5, 2010 by big chief

TMZgossip

you house fraus are all interchangeable fuddly
As for Mein Kampf -- it was a good read. Unlike you, I actually prefer to know the truth before I comment (your BS quote of Oxy is a perfect example of why people should do their own research).
I realize this is far beyond your scope of reality. No doubt you have a hard time digesting anything heavier then TV Guide.
ps: bunny is still crazy

fuddyduddy

TMZgossip --

"Mein Kampf" a good read? Sounds like a waste of time to me. But you want to justify yourself by stating you are a 'truth seeker.' Ugh-huh. Whatever. I think 'Big Chief' figured you out. And our dear, Genna did, too! You are someone who obviously needs to build yourself up by putting other down. You do it on a daily basis on this board, and quite frankly, it's not cute and I am not amused.

As far as the Oksana 'quote' a lot has happened since the Mel/OG mess exploded into the news. You are making a big deal out of nothing. I may not have gotten the words exactly right, but you and others knew the statement I was speaking of. Why jump all over me about it? Why not just say, hey -- I think it was this or that. Realist and KKG helped me out and told me what OG said. But you...you want to make a big deal out of it, and tell me that I posting BS, and on and on and on. Which is typical again, of a childish and immature person...Herr kleines Kind!

fuddyduddy

TMZgossip jump all over this post, okay? Just like you did mine. The following was posted by NotaBunny who is now 'Bunny Misses KB'.

NotaBunny: 185 days ago

Ox said 'you're gonna get it, boy are you gonna get it.'

TMZgossip

delusional lil fuddy.
I read books. They interest me. Mein Kampf was a worthwhile read. I certainly don't have any need to defend what I read. You trying to make any associations based on my reading a historical book is silly.
It doesn't surprise me that you would be gullible enough to believe Big Chief with no offer of proof.... typical gibletz house frau!!!
Now you need me to smack bunny for that quote? you better go back and cover all the threads because I did make a point (numerous times) of stating that you fraus had that quote wrong, and the list of "Oxy Lies" was ludicrous since she didn't even make a number of the statements on the list.

em

From the transcript of tape 2:

O: You're going to answer, one day, boy, you're going to answer.
M: Huh?
O: There.
M: What, what? What are you threatening me?
O: Nothing, nothing. I'm not the one to threaten.

middleagedcrazy

Hey all !!!

Actually, that 'you're gonna answer' has always made me wonder. The piano player speaks idiomatic English, without accent even under stress (listen to her 911 call) unless she is deliberately putting it on, so that section was another problematic disconnect for me. Separate conversations. Thank you, em, for reminding me.

Tee hee

em

middleagedcrazy
It was O's comment: "Nothing, nothing. I'm not the one to threaten" whilst she was recording him, that made me think she knew exactly what she was doing and was not afraid for her life. She sounded so smug.
Em

middleagedcrazy

Hey all !!!

Tee hee

middleagedcrazy

Aaaaack! Don't know why that happened. Sorry all.

em -- I think the problem with the word choice of 'answer' is that it just is not what any of us would use. We know her English is idiomatic and almost without accent, so when she puts it on, like the People interview, etc., something is really up. The 911 recording was a revelation because it showed her speaking under stress without an accent and without those jarring word choices. Guess that is what has bothered all of us all along.

Tee hee

Swede

I remember these "tapes" very well, it was awful listening to them...Poor Mel!

realist

MAC, This got lost in cyberspace, so I'm trying again.

What if, the "boy" refers to Alexander? Would Oxy really call a 54 year old man "boy"? It's how it's used - - at the end of the phrase instead of the beginning.