« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rowdy Roddy Piper

My Neck Is BROKEN!!!

9/12/2011 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0912_hotrod

Wrestling icon Rowdy Roddy Piper says doctors at UCLA are about to slash his neck open and take a hammer and a chisel to his neck bones ... after discovering he's been wrestling with a BROKEN NECK.

57-year-old Piper went to his Twitter and explained he had been experiencing neck pain for quite a while -- but didn't think it was a big deal. In fact, he says he was WRESTLING through the pain for the past couple of months.

But Piper says he got an MRI recently -- and when the docs saw the results, they went into "911 mode" -- and scheduled a surgery as quickly as they could.

"So just for the record," Piper explains, "I beat, The Miz, Terry Funk, and 2 others guys with a broken neck!!"

Piper says he's going under the knife in just a few hours -- but tells his fans, "There [sic] using all the smarts they have at UCLA. I SAY BRING IT ON! CUT DEEP!!! I'M NOT AFRAID!!"

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Joe

ok

Criss

Good luck bro!

cindy

I Love Roddy! he's sooo cute!

Delaware D

Roddy is a cool bloke. Capt Lou was my favorite. I liked everybody in the old WWF days - except Hulk Hogan.

Sonja

Always liked him and his kilt. Though really it's not that big a deal, my grandmother had the same thing, it's 'cracks' and weakened bone in the neck usually not found when it happened (my grandmothers was a car accident when she was a young woman) they simply put in pins and/or plates to keep the area strong and stable, especially now that the person is aging.

Stacer

Go Roddy! I've had a plate and 8 screws in my neck for almost a year now! You can DO IT!!!

ryan

one of the best showmen ever.

croc

but he's cryin on the inside.
always a show man.

Truth

OH PULEEEZ... HIS KIND OF WRESTLING IS ALL SET UP BULLSH*T. CANT BE MUCH OF A WRESTLER IF YOU HAVE TO READ OFF OF A SCRIPT!!! HOPE THE SURGEONS REALLY GIVE THIS AZZHOLE A WHIP LASH. TRUTH.

RyogaVee

Hes such a classy, entertaining and fun guy. Like an uncle I never had.

sheila

best wishes to one of the best entertainers in wrestling! and to the guy before me, um yeah its fake, everyone knows that, but it takes skill and these guys get hurt doing what they love!

middleagedcrazy

Good luck with the surgery!

Forgive my presumption, but because you are so admired and enjoyed by us wrestling fans, how about slowing down a little bit? Would like to keep you around for a while.

Freddy

I love the Rowdy one. Hope everything goes well for him and he can continue to perform. I will be wearing my Hot Rod shirt in support of him today.

brian

you the man piper good luck kick ass and chew bubble gum
p.s. wish there was a piper pit with kurt angle and bret hart

jordanvalliere

i hope hes all right......didnt even know he was still alive though....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments