T.I.

Prison Officials Block Lawyer

From Fighting Re-Imprisonment

9/13/2011 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0913_ti_tmz_EX
T.I.
is up the creek without a paddle -- because TMZ has learned, prison officials in Atlanta have barred the rapper's lawyer from challenging the decision to put him back in prison.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons sent T.I.'s lawyer a letter yesterday, explaining the rapper was "not entitled to legal counsel" during the process by which officials review the decision to lock him up again.

T.I.'s lawyer originally sent the Bureau a letter last week, asking to be present at the hearings -- but the Bureau flat out rejected him.

According to the Bureau's response, two hearings have already occurred without T.I.'s lawyer present -- one last week and one the week before -- but it's unclear what transpired.

Snowberrie

Sucks to be him, oh well!!!

Rogue Warrior

Screw them, the prisoners should take over that place and show the CO whose in charge. While they're at it, take out all of the pigs there.

Jill

ok, i'm thinking this vendetta thing against him is for real. they are really out to get him.

Rogue Warrior

He's got less than 3 weeks and he's out of the system with time served. He'll go on to make many more millions while the prison officials continue to lead miserable lives.

Rika

time is almost done, wait it out then have a friggin caravan of tour buses when you DO get out

charley

what a waste of life......wheres is his skanky looking hooker wife during all this....he likes his booty busted.....t.i. stands for total idiot

VictoriaGirl

"Not entitled to legal counsel"? WTF are they talking about? Everyone is entitled to legal counsel. Is it just me or do these "prison officials" seem completely corrupt? Im not even a fan of this guy (like at all) but what they are doing to him just seems wrong.

3Storms

the justice department is really out to railroad him forever. It's getting ridiculous. Murderers, pedophiles, and rapists meet fewer legal problems than this guy has

sunshinerad

This is pretty much harrassment.

Liz

They have to be out go get him! I mean come on... who goes back to prison for riding in a bus, after getting RELEASED from prison. I mean they let him out and seen him leave. Come on now APD must be corrupt!

mzoctober

This is crazy!! they are going after him hard!! But why in the world they wont go as hard to lindsay, paris, etc (all the bit**s) this pisses me off!! this is clearly racism!! its so unfair!! FREE TI!!

Tammy

T.I. - just do your two more weeks, come out and record songs about the pigs out to get you. You'll make millions and rub their faces in it. Win-win for you all around!!!

Melinda

Is that legal? I thought everyone was entitled to legal counsel.

penny

It is just awful to find out that you're not special.

Rogue Warrior

What's ironic is that when an inmate is released from prison they're accustomed to catching a bus, albeit a Greyhound, out of town.

I can't wait until he is released to see the big FU send off he gives them. Hopefully TMZ is streaming live that day from the prison!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments