« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NFL Pro Bowler

I'M DEAD BROKE

... and Living with My Parents

9/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_chris_mcalister_EX_01

Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of  lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister was a KEY member of the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2000 ... and even got himself an interception during the big game.

McAlister was only married to Marlene for 13 months -- but she claims Chris ended the relationship in 2009 when she got pregnant and refused to get an abortion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MH

Wow, Lots of racist comments. I guess white atheletes don't go broke or maybe there are no white atheletes. Ignorant trolls.

Pimpcessa

Guess he should have reconsidered all the times he "made it rain" at the club?? How the hell do you blow thru 55 million bucks since 2004, and end up on your mommas couch? But, not sure I believe that **** either. He may be just playing broke until he gets his child support reduced and then it's off to the islands for a little R&R?? I can't even begin to tell you how many men have pulled the broke bs just until the reduction in child support. Doesn't say much for the love towards their kids....

J

Im more suprised by the one dimensional ******** that keep applying race to every subject. If you hate blacks stop reading the stories and continue with your rednecks-R-us exclusives that only show the beauty of your hatemongering, murderous, earth destroying white race. Look around your numbers are dwindling. The preserving of your race by the [kkk]-small letters- wasnt preached because youre better but because your recessive genes are slowly making you obsolete. Stop blaming and hating everyone else because of your inadequacies.

self-employed

Waste not want not. What an idiot.

smith

My husband also played in the NFL for 6 years and had no where near the contract that you have, he saved his money you dumb ass then got a real job afterwards. Stop with the whoas me bull ****!

ghfghfg

you can't give someone $55 million without some kind of help or long term financial guidance!! Whats the first thing you think when you think of winning the lottery? How much crazy NEW stuff your going to your going to blow it on!

roger

lol loser! get a job in mcdonalds.

Not Stupid like the rest of you

For 11k a month I would hide my assets and play like I was broke too!

USArmy

55 million and he is broke? Can you say idiot! How many times do those who have a ton of money have to see something like this before they learn? Give me that much money and I'll show you how to hang on to it. I'll also set up an account where I would never be broke and/or have a home to live in.

todd

Bootm line is theses athletes are paid handsomely and I'm not surprised that he claims to be broke becuase if you never had money you never know the value. Spend , spend, spend is the althelete or entertainers motto, until it's gone and then we hear the sad story. So what, millions of Americans are lving day to day, barely scraping by, and he sacaundered his money on things he doesn't even have today, that's karma.

Db

One of the first things incoming rookies get is a course in how to handle all the new found wealth. if not mistaken it is mandatory for all rookies. I know they even do roleplaying things with people acting as thier friends and family hitting them up for money

Ron

Sounds like he doesn't want to pay the child support hence the bitching about it
NEXT STEP...TO THE COURT HOUSE TO COMPLAIN HE'S POOR TO GET OUT OF THE PAYMENTS

WONDER WHERE HE HID HIS MONEY?

Db

My guess is if it was 100 Mil he would still be broke - or he is trying to get out of support. If he bought the house for his parents let them take that too.

John

WAKE UP PEOPLE! This is a scam so he does not have to pay the mother of his child..I would pull the same scam if I had to Pay 11k a month...Read between the lines Dumb asses!

danny

It takes a lot of visit to the local strip club to go through that many one dollar bills.