« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NFL Pro Bowler

I'M DEAD BROKE

... and Living with My Parents

9/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0914_chris_mcalister_EX_01

Former NFL bad ass Chris McAlister -- who signed a $55 MILLION contract in 2004 -- claims he's BROKE AS A JOKE and living with his parents ... this according to court docs obtained by TMZ.

The ex-Baltimore Ravens defensive superstar has just filed new documents in his child support war with his ex-wife Marlene in the hopes of  lowering his $11,000 per month obligation.

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

McAlister was a KEY member of the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2000 ... and even got himself an interception during the big game.

McAlister was only married to Marlene for 13 months -- but she claims Chris ended the relationship in 2009 when she got pregnant and refused to get an abortion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

meanders3

Not that it really matters, but most sports "stars" salaries are paid with insurance annuities. The players get their big "signing bonus", and the bulk of the rest paid out as a monthly income when they reach a certain age. Part of it also goes into their NFL, NBA, MLB retirement account...which they can't touch.

Teams couldn't afford to pay all their players up front. It's the same way Powerball and Megamillions is set up to be paid out...except that the lotteries now offer a lump-sum payment of about 50% of the jackpot.

This guy should call Wentworth and get a buyout.

Bippy

The only thing that the baby mama would need is a judge on her side and order an audit of his personal finances since 2004 to find out where the money went - then have him re-state his financial condition again to the judge except this time tell the truth!!

Mac

Dead Beat

Todd

NICE! what a great story

Jim

Check your nose and your "Bros" and your " whos" to see where the money went.

dubsom

He's not broke! This is a way to beat the child support system. By claiming that he has no income his child support payment goes to a little of nothing. He feels if he continue to pay $11,000 a month he will eventually go broke.

D. Bos. of Balt.

$11,000 a month for 1 kid and 13 months of marriage!!!! You must be crazy..

Shelley

Poor baby, what did he do with all that money, throw it away on crap, now cant provide for his babies, go get a real job and work like the rest of us.

Matt

He's probably been paid more in ten years than I'd make in ten lifetimes....Why should i care about his problems?

Gmuqt2001

I don't understand what happened to all that money.. Provided that he wasn't injured... because, as I understand it, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed unless you are healthy and actively playing... What happened to that money? Professional athletes make more money than anyone in the world... What is going on here... I bet you money he was married to a black woman... Black men with money hardly ever marry black women... why marry someone and when they get pregnant and don't want to be a father.... He's one sorry Ass black professional athlete. Did someone fool you with a Ponzy scheme and take all your money? Geez grow up and get a life...

juicedjack

This is nothing but a scam to get his child support lowered. That's all. He playing the system.

Probably spent all his money on cars, cocaine and white girls.

Ronals

OOOOHHH!! I feel so sorry for him!...BWAAHAHAHA!!!!!

Me Next

For $11,000 / Month I'd sleep with him too

Cathy

Why do these ignorant players go out here, make all kinds of money and spend it like it's no tomorrow???? Not all of them but the majority of them. Another question.....what's so bad about wearing a condom? Especially nowadays with HIV and AIDS. Are you freakin serious. I hate to be specific, but black men (athletes, joe shmo, etc) you better wake the freak up and stop chasing these (white) women around and focus on keepin some of that money you earned. How bout wear a condom if you don't want to pay child support. Stop blaming the "baby mamas" for your slip ups and poor choices. Sad but true