Salahi Dog Dies

Of a Broken Heart?

9/19/2011 6:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_salahi_dog_EX2
Rio
, the Doberman Pinscher that was so depressed he couldn't get out of bed after Michaele abandoned him, has died.

Just before midnight Sunday, Rio passed at the family home in Virginia.  Rio, who suffered a heart attack several weeks ago, has been on meds ever since.  Just before he died, Tareq gave the pooch his heart Rx, Rio then started yelping, and he was gone.

Tareq is hysterical and blames Michaele, for creating all the stress.

0919_dog_video_launch
As for Michaele, she's still banging the Journey guitarist.

DanicaMarie

That is actually really horrible if its true. Makes me sick to my stomach to even think about. That poor dog probably hadn't gotten any attention for awhile what with all this crap going on. Ughhh.

pcinkc

Shut up Tareq! Penis pictures, Dog dead, Prenup shown. Are we going to have to hear something from you every day????

tracker

never thought i'd say this..perez really is covering the celebs/gossip better than you harvey..not one word about the emmy,s ..this site is starting to suck...chas.bono or salahis...that's all we get here.....

karen darvin

I'm sorry, that is really sad no matter who they are, poor doggie

Ann

Oh, my God, STOP!!!! I don't care about the Salahis so why do I care about their dog! 75% of the stories on TMZ are about the Salahis. Let me go see what Radar Online has the day after the Emmys.

lou

Poor guy. Spouses may come and go and may or may not be loyal, but a dog sticks with you to the end. And yes, depression certainly can kill a dog.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

I honestly think the poor dog died from all the drama that's been going on. Believe it or not, our animals sense when somethings wrong with us.
Poor baby probably commited suicide to get away from these whack jobs.
Believe me, he's in a much better place.
RIP, Rio

HMMMM

The dog was elderly, ask any vet, larger dogs don't live as long as small dog, as a general rule. I think it didn't want to live with either of these two fame whores

RealityBites

It's a proven fact that dogs grieve and her leaving a sick dog would in fact cause the dog to die an early death so shame on her the heartless selfsih Bi**h

erkg

Have you ever thought of incorporating the 'hid this story' feature - like when you can hide stuff on Facebook - that way we can hide all the annoying salami stories.

two cents

Beautiful dog. I love dobies. Rip Rio.

Mark

Michaele was the one that fed the dog. I'll bet Rio starved to death because Tareq didn't was busy calling the media updating them on everything. I'll bet the goldfish is reported belly up by Wednesday.

Sherms

:( Makes me sad to read about the dog, who probably missed his mom. They know when something is wrong. Poor baby.

LVGroomer

I've owned dobermans for 20 years and you have to understand the breed- they have serious cardiomyopathy problems when they get older. Dobermans are very strong dogs, hate to show pain. I can practically guarantee you that whether this whole divorce things happened, most likely he would have still passed. It's just the timing! RIP Rio, go play my Athena, Sabra, & Nala Bean & tell them I said hi.

Ann

What a cute dog. I hate to hear about any animal dying.