Salahi Dog Dies

Of a Broken Heart?

9/19/2011 6:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_salahi_dog_EX2
Rio
, the Doberman Pinscher that was so depressed he couldn't get out of bed after Michaele abandoned him, has died.

Just before midnight Sunday, Rio passed at the family home in Virginia.  Rio, who suffered a heart attack several weeks ago, has been on meds ever since.  Just before he died, Tareq gave the pooch his heart Rx, Rio then started yelping, and he was gone.

Tareq is hysterical and blames Michaele, for creating all the stress.

0919_dog_video_launch
As for Michaele, she's still banging the Journey guitarist.

LittleBIt

The dog was going to die. I don't think her not being there killed the poor thing. If my dog was dying - I wouldn't leave her though. I would have stayed by her side. The guy from Journey would have had to wait.
ENOUGH ABOUT THESE PEOPLE ALREADY!!!!!

pat

Didn't mean to double post. Sorry !!

Mumra the Ever Living

I think it's obvious. The dog couldn't take these two losers and TMZ's constant reporting of them any more so it committed suicide.

Kàt

and the plot thickens...

LeeLoo

All I have to say is she should've waited to take off until after the poor dog was dead.

However, TMZ NO ONE CARES about these idiots please stop reporting on them!!!!

dj

PAT:

I thought you were done with TMZ?? So why are you still here posting??? Get a life yourself! HAHAHA!

mrs.chanel

This is really sad, I'm sure the family are very sad and upset, a pet is a life time friend, it's a very sad time in all their life's...R.I.P.

Heidi

Harvey, as an avid animal lover that you claim to be, I'm surprised that you keep adding the pet to this 'fake & publicity stunt' of a story......... If you want to give these people the publicity the crave, try to keep the animals out of it..... IMO, using pets is just like using children in these outrages stunts... Hopefully, this is the last printing of this trashy story..... You've given Journey & the Salahi's more FREE publicity than they've ever had before, again lay off the pets in these trashy stories!!!!!

Mike

hahahahahahahahahahahah what a joke TMZ is
Whats the next report??? His neighbor is off to Lowes for some gardening equipment???

Rocco

Hopefully she'll die next, so you'll stop writing about her.

kronenburg

This whole situation with these two contemptible people, the dead dog, the douchebag Journey member...it's all so obviously orchestrated and so completely inauthentic. Shame on you, TMZ, for feeding this false publicity machine.

janet

These two are professional cons. They are out of money.

My wife is kidnapped...No. Umm, my wife is missing...umm, no. Wait a second. Oh, she's been road tripping with journey.(no money) getting divorced, pre-nuptial, you killed the dog. C'mon.

NotNewsWorthy

IS THERE NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU PEOPLE TO WRITE ABOUT?? MY GOD SERIOUSLY

ria

The dog only had WEEKS to live when she 'abandoned' it. Now, she is the CAUSE of the doggie's demise. AYFS?

Karen

"Tareq gave the pooch his heart Rx" Yeah I bet he gave him something else or did something and thats why he died.