Simon Cowell

I Want to Beat "American Idol"

9/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0921_simon_cowell_goingliveSimon Cowell is out for blood tonight on "X Factor" -- telling TMZ, he wants to beat "American Idol" (and every other show for that matter) in the ratings department.

The big "X Factor" premiere isn't competing head to head with "Idol" -- but Simon still wants to outrank his big competition, telling us, "You don't compete for the silver or the bronze ... You may not get the gold, but you die trying."

When we asked how X will measure up against similar singing competitions -- Simon responded, "It's definitely going to be better than the other shows."

092111_xfactor_video

As for what to look out for tonight -- Simon says the show is full of "nutcases" ... and one audition is especially terrifying.

Oh, as for what Simon thinks of "American Idol" without him -- well, he says, "It's not my cup of tea."

Rogue Warrior

I don'*****ch much Idol but I have to admit, this will be DVR'd! If it's ANYTHING like the ones in Holland, Great Britain, etc. it will ROCK! Unfortunately, I think Holland has way more talent than we will ever have!

Abe

Of course you want to beat American Idol. So does NBC, ABC, and CBS.

x

dimes

Yawn.

longagain

The best was when Conan asked Nicole what the difference between the shows were. Her response was that there is a lot of differences. Then, she could only name one: the winner got a $5M recording contract vs. the $1M of IDOL. Bwwwwwahahahaha...

maria

Can't believe it ,"he is eating the hand that feed him." he became famous because th american idol (don't wacht the show anyway..) but he is now talking about the show why is he like that? I can't understand this British asss!@#$% who came here became a millionaire and treat people like sh!@#$%&*like the other Britton's getting rich her in america and verbally abuse the Americans....like Sharon and her daughter or the Hell's Kitchen cook crazy guy Hollywood is all from Britain Americans love their accent and who ever is they get a job because the ACCENT.......baloney!

Professor Chaos

They're both the same crappy karaoke show. I have no idea why people watch that crap or give a damn about this d-bag. He's not even remotely interesting.

Brett

This show will not last. Idol is soooo boring and has been lackluster the past few years, and this looks twice as bad, if not worse. I won't be watching!

jack-55d79

Intellectually, in fact maybe in every cell, I dislike Simon Cowell because of what he represents. But every time, and I mean every time, I hear him interviewed or see him on TV shows (other than his ghastly shows), he comes across as a witty, truthful, intelligent guy. Who deserves the cash. Harvey, if he asks for your soul in exchange for diabolical favours (maybe My Way going platinum) just say no. Think about eternity.

Icebaby... is back dude

Millions of people, watch a no-talent, overpaid sh__bag, judge talentless attention-seeking whores, who no one will remember after the show is over. And the worst part is... there's hundreds of pathetic and unoriginal shows just like it. Really??? :/

tgrfan42069

same shows diff names.

AntiSocialForum.com

Does anybody still watch American Idol?

I am Spartacus

its still a singing competition and theres enough of those around. No need to watch this or American Idol, they both suck.

Irene

Do we really need another one of these shows?? Couldn't stand arrogant Simon and dopey Paula the first time around and now they are back...

eastcoastelliott

this guy has an ego the size of his big freakin head !

YouDontSay

He is the executive producer for American Idol. What another "mind game"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments