'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tonyajayne

I think Chick Fil-a is one of the best fast food places to eat. It's always clean and the staff is very nice and polite. I've seen gay people work there...Who cares if she knows or doesn't know.

Bryan

who cares if she knows... where's that option?

croc

oh so now one cant even eat at a restaurant if they dont share your beleifs? oh brother, like i am gonna check out all restaurant polices before i eat there..kiss my a-----

gigi

Who cares? She is just there to eat some fried chicken.

Kennedy

Maybe she is ant-gay, she has the right to that opinion. Frankly I find shoveling a guys **** into my ass or mouth repulsive...

awye

who gives a ****. they have good food

Ann

She shouldn't be supporting such a disgusting company either way. I'm totally grossed out.

RM

wow tmz. you must be having a really slow news day...

CoolVanilla300C

How about this for a poll question

Would you rather:

A Chick-fil-a sandwich or Sarah Hyland's roast beef sandwich?

Roast beef for me!

Mike L

Who really gives a damn? They don't have Chick-Fil-A's in NY, so I've never been to one, but frankly, I wouldn't give a damn either way. I'm not the biggest fan of gays either. Keep it in your house and don't act like a fruitcake out in public and I don't give a crap who you're banging.

Some Guy

TMZ posts articles about Chris Brown beating Rhianna. Does TMZ endorse domestic abuse?

Come on now guys...

phyuck

Wow. TMZ you guys are real ********. She is completely innocent in all of this and you have pretty much labeled her as being anti-gay. I hope she sues the hell out of you.

Catty

WHO FREAKIN CARES!!! It's a restaurant, not some bleeding heart charity!! With as much pro-gay propoganda that gets thrown in our faces from Hollywood, should we just boycott all their movies? This is absolutely rediculous. Shame on you TMZ.

dimes

You aren't going to find too many evangelicals on the corner of Sunset and LaBrea, so they must be planning on serving all kinds of folks. And in that neighborhood, that's exactly what they'll get.

firebaby

omg tmz way to go (once again, and again, and again) making a non-story into, well, a non-story.... the owner of a west indian restaurant where i eat is jamaican, does that make me jamaican now too? or does it mean that i hate trinidadians? cut it both ways-- if's it's sooo terrible forcing anti-gay views down ppl's throats, it should be just as terrible forcing pro-gay views down ppl's throats too (*cough* harvey *cough*)...
i'm surprised you guys didn't find a way to put mel gibson to blame for this too...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments