'Modern Family' Star

Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Meal?

9/22/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0922_jen_lowery_Splash

update_bar
3:30 PM: Multiple sources close to Sarah have contacted us to say she is absolutely NOT anti-gay ... and she had no idea about Chick-fil-A's non-culinary practices. Mystery solved.

On television "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland, 20, has two gay uncles, but in real life she just attended the grand opening of a new Chick-fil-A restaurant in Hollywood ... an evangelical Christian owned corporation which has been accused of being anti-gay.

Although Chick-fil-A has responded to the homophobic allegations by saying they "serve and value all people," they also routinely contribute to anti-gay organizations like Focus on the Family.

Pro-equality groups aren't happy about the fast food chain's latest outpost and are planning a protest in front of the new Hollywood location on Saturday.

While Sarah may not be aware of the chain's practices, TMZ contacted her rep but have not heard back.

daughter of the King

I love chick fill-A!!!!!!! You are crazy not to support them! Yummy!!! Btw, love what they stand for too! It takes guts to stand for what you believe is right! Especially in this sick and twisted world we live in!

Taylor

You know, I am not anti-gay in the least, but I AM anti any group or people harassing anyone else for their own beliefs, anti gay or whatever they are. It works both ways, people...all that freedom to choose stuff. Lay off.

james

I live down the street from Mr. Cathy and i can tell you this you will never find a nicer guy in your life. Yes he is anti-gay but he is not out there pushing his beliefs on people. You will never find anyone at his restaurants pushing religion on you. He helps put kids through college, He gives to numerous charities, He is all the time helping an employee by buying them a new car or helping with bills and never do they have to pay him back. I am sick of the gays wanting to push their gay ways in our face but as soon as someone says we don't like gays all the little gay sissies get their panties bunched up their asses and cry foul. I am against gays so please come boycott me cause i have something that will change your mind real quick. As far as gays not eating at Chick-fil-a i say good that just means more good food for the rest of us that matters.

james

sjk

Chic-fil-A is a wonderful restaurant! They serve anyone. Just like people want so deperately for all people to be treated kindly, let's make sure that we give this buisness the same treatment. You can't have it both ways. If you want the freedom to choose your own lifestyle, you have to be willing to give that same courtesy to others. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite. Chic-fil-A ROCKS! If you don't want to eat there, then don't.

w

who gives a sh**, let her do what she wants, why does it matter her beliefs or Chika-filla for that matter, stfu already, pushing your f***ng views on us and making her sound like she did something wrong, TMZ you make me sick.

as a matter of fact, thanks to this story, if I see a chika filla you better believe Im gonna buy something there. Chika should thank you for the free exposure!

Georgia Latina

Seriously TMZ??? Get a grip, who gives a damn where she eats and why? Also, the organization called "Focus on the Family" does just that, focuses on the Family, it's not a "Gay Bashing" organization. Give me a break! My brother and best friend are gay, I understand the issues firsthand, I'm for equality and treating everyone the way you u want to be treated but that's a two way street! We ask everyone to be tolerant and accepting of everyone's life, religion, sexuality, etc. but that tolerance doesn't seem to extend to Christians. So tired of the hypocrisy.

Drew

Why is it a problem if you are not pro-gay? People are entitled to their own opinion, as long as everyone acts like an adult and respects everyones opinion who cares? I am tired of being force fed pro gay things. To each their own, but stop forcing pro gay things on everyone. So Chick Filet prefers a man/woman union and raising kids big deal. Just because you believe that doesn't mean you are anti gay people.

jen

Who cares if she did know!She has a right to believe in and support what she wants!

middleagedcrazy

Is there some kind of 'blacklist' or 'enemies list' floating around out there? If you contribute to the 'wrong' charity someone will try to take you down?

Don't care what someone does in their personal lives, but really why the smear tactics? You can't disprove a negative, so all the anti-somethingoranother is just bait to try to get someone to defend themselves. Baiting tactics are so cheap.

Bleah.

Craig

I used to work at chick fil a and its a profit money grubbing corporation who uses godly values to cover their dirty work good food thats about it I worked with people who were openly gay for some strange reason they abruptly left either that or they got fired plus the employees would spread rumors about people being gay for instance me thats why I left that immature anti-gay establishment but im not gay!! F those godly values no one cares they just want their stupid food

DebbieGP

oh here we go again. Now we can't eat at Chick-Fil-A because they are anti-gay and you must therefore be anti-gay. Give me a dang break with this gay agenda crap. You obviously have equal rights to be annoying

Katrina

Being gay is not "lifestyle choice" @ Derek...just as being white,or black is not a "lifestyle choice" it is who you are when you born. I think it is very sad in the year 2011 ppl still believe that if you are gay, it is a lifestyle choice. How can anyone still be so ignorant??? ugh

Beer_is _Good

Is that Oprah on the far left... grubbing down some chicken?

TB

Why is it that just because the company closes for Sunday for personal beliefs that it means they are anti-gay? This is ridicolous that pro-equality groups can make you feel like you are in a prison in a "free" country. I love Chik-fil-a. They are one of the BEST and CLEANEST resturants anywhere. They are very high quality and I hope this stunt by the pro-equality groups back fire and bring more people into the resturant.