Southwest to 'L-Word' Star

Passengers Complained About

"Excessive" Lesbian PDA

9/26/2011 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_SW_EX
Southwest Airlines
claims it only kicked a lesbian "L-Word" actress off a flight today after multiple passengers complained about her "excessive" affectionate behavior with another woman.

As we previously reported, Leisha Hailey went on a Twitter rampage hours ago -- claiming a flight attendant booted her and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Now, SWA has released a statement ... explaining, "Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive."

The statement continues, "Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight."

Still, SWA notes, "We are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectation."

Sassy

This depends on what "excessive" means here. I don't give a ray's arse if it's 2 women, 2 men, a man and a woman, or someone and their dog - I don't want to sit through a flight with a couple near me making out heavily, nor do I want to listen to the slurping sounds of kissing nonstop! It's a freaking plane, an enclosed area where I can't just excuse myself from the situation and jump out with a parachute. Keep the foreplay out of my site. I mean, I like to watch sometimes, but not that much. lol!

Flyboy

I find some heterosexuals so funny. Funny in a sarcastic way, if you don't get it. Generally it's hets who are over 30. Always saying straight people show constraint, why can't gays.

Hahahaha. Are you BREEDERS kidding me? And don't think I'm talking to STRAIGHT people right now, but you HOMOPHOBIC BREEDERS, who the heck are you kidding? Straight people FLAUNT their sexuality on an every day basis, kissing, holding hands, discussing who they are attracted to. Wearing a wedding ring is an expression of heterosexuality. Heterosexuality is thrown in all of our faces daily.

So, when 2 women share a kiss, all of a sudden, gay/lesbian people are flaunting their sexuality? No, they aren't doing ANYTHING straight people do not do. Why do you HOMOPHOBIC BREEDERS think you're so pure and Holy? Please. You're no arbiter on how to behave, quite the opposite.

Straight people don't care. Gay people don't care about heterosexuals and what they get up to for the most part. Only HOMOPHOBES care, about what a same-sex couple does in public, because you guys are fixated on them and so irrationally uncomfortable that you place the blame of that discomfort on gay people. No, it's you with the problem, HOMOPHOBES. Shut up, quit manufacturing issues, and get on with your lives. Stop harassing gay/lesbian folk because you have serious insecurity problems.

thatoneguy

You can tell Harvey is boosting this story himself..

ANDERSON H8TURD, V.P.

See? This is exactly why Linds only flies in private jets. Well, that and the cocaine thing. When you're THE celebrity, the world must cater.

Frank

No sex allowed in the aisles? What fun is flying anymore?

Ace

These chicks do this stuff all the time now for attention, what happened to all the classy ladies???

The Neko Nation

Thank goodness the truth is coming out. I was on that flight! I already gave my statement to Southwest. It just wasn't a little kissing. There was major breast groping going on. There was a young boy in the section across. It doesn't matter who whether straight or gay, there is a time and a place for everything. It's the ones who play victim and don't accept responsibility for their own actions and play the race or gender card that make the ones who tell the truth look bad.

Flyboy

Homophobe*****e gay/lesbian people and everything and anything gay/lesbian they see negative, regardless of the situation or cir****tances. These people hate a group of people solely for their sexuality, people who have done nothing to provoke them. They are insane and irrational bigots, and the swift response to this story should serve as an example as to how your bigotry is seen by SANE individuals, gay or straight alike, who realize baseless discrimination is wrong. Treating people like dirt solely for their orientation is wrong, and it's heartless.

CountryGal

Here goes Harvey again with the gay bull****. Shoving down everyones throats will make things worse for gays. Stupid *****! Southwest Rules! Everyone fly Southwest. Noone wants to watch two manly women making out on a plane, especially when kids are around. Morons

Marie

Do they have a video of the excessive PDA on the airplane to post it on TMZ?

berriechic

smh
Berriechiconline.com

ArielTip

Some people have said there is video of this. How can she (the actress) be claiming there is video if this wasn't a set up to gain more "fame". I don't care if she was gay or straight. There is a time and place for everything. A plane flight isn't an appropriate venue to make out with anyone.

Sierra

I have a gay sister and a gay friends. I don't care if it's guy on guy, girl on girl, or girl on guy....there's a time and a place for that sh*t, and it's not on an airplane and in front of little kids. Get a friggin grip lady...it's not cuz ur gay, it's cuz ur acting slu**y!

Bud

Was Patty Stanger the flight attendant?

timid

Good for Southwest. I do not want my children exposed to inappropriate excessive PDA regardless of sexual preferences. I wonder if their parents had been on board would they have so poorly behaved? To the couple - get a room!