Southwest to 'L-Word' Star

Passengers Complained About

"Excessive" Lesbian PDA

9/26/2011 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_SW_EX
Southwest Airlines
claims it only kicked a lesbian "L-Word" actress off a flight today after multiple passengers complained about her "excessive" affectionate behavior with another woman.

As we previously reported, Leisha Hailey went on a Twitter rampage hours ago -- claiming a flight attendant booted her and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Now, SWA has released a statement ... explaining, "Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive."

The statement continues, "Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight."

Still, SWA notes, "We are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectation."

Mikey

No one wants to see this unless there's a two headed dildo involved.

Sheila Shigley

I myself is a lesbian and think Southwest Airlines did the right thing. Leisha wants her "fans" to boycott but the problem is--does she have any? Nobody knew who she was until today so she did this on purpose in order to get her 15 minute of fame. Try TMZ Airlines next time bitch!

LeeLoo

If two straight people were having an inappropriate conversation on a plane then I would complain. I don't feel that they were discriminated against. There's a time for PDA and there's a time for inappropriate conversation, an airplane is not one of those places. I would tell that to anyone despite their sexuality.

Raejean

I think it's pretty rude and vulgar to be conducting your sex life in public, especially in a venue where you can reasonably expect children. This is for any gender or sexual orientation. I am not here to serve as your exhibitionist forum. That is just the height (or depth) of personal arrogance. I don't wanna listen to your private cell phone calls, either.

Toasty J

You do not get hassled on an airline unless you are a lunatic.
I don't buy these people saying that they are targets for discrimination.
It does not add up.
Gay and lesbian friends of mine are NEVER hassled, because they are nice people that behave themselves.

Gsharon 710

LOL I knew it! Thank the silly acting homo group who complained everytime someone said spit. This is only the beginning. You are more apparent now that Harve gave us weeks of whinning hurt feelings. I have never complained when I saw homos getting it on, but that has changed. But honestly, there should be no couple acting sexually in public. Peck on the plane and in public and swap spit behind the walls of your home. Very disrespectful and no one's children should have to question parents on this subject until the parents think they are ready. Jump on this you thin skins. Tell us how this is better than in the heat of the moment saying someone is gay. Man up....Woman up....oh what ever...let's hear you defend this. Was it just the heat of the moment? Nope. lol

Laughing & Pointing

DAMN! THIS PLACE IS FILLED WITH FREEPERS!!!! NICE GOING TMZ!!!

vint

If the ladies were sitting on each other's laps and/or groping each other while making out, then the Stewardess/steward and others were justified in asking them to stop. But if all that happened was some overly passionate kissing between two adults, gimme a break. Only in America -- where smacking/spanking your kid is accepatable (and where the Puritanical buttclinch still remains genitically/socialogically embeded) -- would others complain about kissing. This incident is symptom of a larger problem (a society that is more accepting of violence and intolerance than it is of love and acceptance), and it underscores the reason we're on the downhill side as a nation of power and influence.

sarah

Gee--do you think those other people on the plane would have complained if it was a hetero couple, who were newlyweds? I somehow doubt it. (ps, i am hetero)

cjb122

I thought it was about the bedroom.

I guess not.

cb

Ugly, in my opinion.

zzz

people saying shes just looking for attention because shes an out of work actress need to do their research. she is in a very succesful band, which is currently on tour right now. ive read all of the tweets, she felt discriminated against and has the right to complain. calm down folks.

MP

Good. I don't want to see anyone making out while I'm stuck in a flying sardine can.

Pilotwife

Uh SWA's LUVs GAY people. You guys have not flown much to see how diverse their workforce is... She just wanted to get her name in lights for 5 minutes. This is not a gay issue this is a tacky issue.

sunnyroberto

Wow, usually when I fly I'm sitting near a screaming 6 month old baby with an ear infection.