Chace Crawford

Pot Case Dismissed!

9/27/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_chace_crawford_Ex_2
Chace Crawford just won a big victory in a small Texas town, after a judge dismissed his marijuana possession case.

Chace was arrested in June, 2010 in Plano, Texas, after cops found an unlit joint in a car in which he was a passenger.

As TMZ first reported ... Chace cut a deal with prosecutors, in which the charge would be dismissed if he stayed clean for one year and performed community service.

We've learned the judge just dismissed the case, after Chace's lawyer presented evidence his client performed 80 hours of community service in Texas, working in a hospital and a church.

Case closed.

karen darvin

haha small Texas town...we d on't know know nuthin bout them there Hollywood people..now how bout that Dr. Pepper!

pbev7

Would someone please explain to me why pot is still illegal? WHO CARES?! oh wait a sec, TEXAS cares. Figures. Another good reason to not go to Texas.

Keno

Sorry, but Plano is not a 'small town'. The city's population was 259,841 at the 2010 census, making it the ninth-largest city in Texas. In the 2008 census it was declared the wealthiest city in the US.

drewp

Small Texas town...It has 260...,000 people...

some guy

Chace should celebrate with some bong yahtzee.

rainbow4321

Um, TMZ.....I haven't read the comments yet but I imagine I'm not the first to tell you (we gets the Internets here in Plano and everythang, yee-haaw!)... but Plano ain't a small Texas town. We have a population of 250,000+, thank you very much!

dboy

only rappers go to jail???

aardvark

small texas town? Plano, Texas? puff puff yourself!

AngelPrincesss

I seriously don't know this dude. Is he related to Cindy Crawford or Broderick Crawford? His name not only doesn't seem
familiar to me, but when I look at him I just see a little boy!
lol.

Prince Piss

Isnt Plano the biggest little crap hole in Texas?

Strawberrygirl

I love all the comments about Plano and it not being a small town. I was taken aback when I read TMZ's portrayal of Plano. What a joke. Plano & Frisco are the places "to be" if you are in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. Certainly one of the most affluent. But, I guess the guys at TMZ...don't get out much from their cubicles and obviously don't know how to google so they won't look so dumb.

lisa

YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT! this is outragous that someone could get off so lightly for a joint if it has been your average joe the judge would have thrown the book at us me as a pot smoker myself would still be in jail PLEASE LEGALIZE THE **** AND BE DONE WITH IT and in texas right where it is brought over the border come on...this story is a JOKE!

Dan Wash

r

PT

Don't mess with those Plano cops. Better off heading down to Greenville Ave. DPD is known for shooting first and asking questions later, so be on your best behavior. Unless you're a Mavericks star, then you can do whatever you want.

Ann