History Channel

Cherry '57 Chevy

Bursts Into Flames

9/30/2011 10:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0930_cadillac_EX_01
A History Channel orgy that brought together the stars of "American Pickers," "American Restoration," and "Pawn Stars" has ended in a fiery wreck.

In case you missed the 3-show special -- "American Pickers" found a classic, '57 Chevy fixer-upper ... "American Restoration" brought it back to life ... and then both shows gifted it to the Old Man from "Pawn Stars" as a birthday present.

But in a tragic turn of events, it overheated this morning ... and burst into flames.

Bad luck for the Old Man ... it's the second time this year one of his cars was incinerated by fire -- back in February, his 1966 Imperial Crown Convertible -- another cherry car --  was engulfed in flames.

Cheryl A.

WOW-- I know the old man loved that car. Heck, I loved that car too.

jdr

This is bad for American Restoration. He probably gave the two cars for them to fix.

Mazor

This is much more tragic than the loss of Russell Peters or Michael Jackson.

Guess that mechanic's not the hot sh*t he thinks he is.

Mike L

They can't win. I do wonder why they brought the car to Rick to be restored though. I think if they would have let Danny at Counts do the whole job, he would have been smart enough to use a larger aluminum radiator in the thing to keep it cool. It gets hot in Vegas, you need all the advantages you can get. Bigger radiator, cooler Thermostat, high flow water pump, Water Wetter, big electric fans, etc.

sparced

didn't counts customs also do part of the build?

really botched that restoration and you have to wonder who did the last one that caught on fire. probably one of them too.

kimmi

Since no one got hurt I can say that like the honey badger, I do not give a *****. Those a s ses on the pawn show are just getting karmic payback for all the doosh-baggery they dispense on a daily basis. My only wish is that those two fat little turds from the show were in the trunk. In pieces. :)

melissa

They rip ALOT of ppl. off1 Especially the elderly whoare desperate to make a buck while they are living only on social security! Karas a b----

melissa

They rip a alot of ppl. off,especially the elderly! Karmas a b-----!

melissa

They rip a lot of people off! Especially older folks who are desperate for a couple bucks! Karmas a bi**h!

lalaland

HILARIOUS!!

Mike L

Another thing, does the Old Man ever check his oil and coolant? Check underneath for leaks? Cars don't normally burst into flames. For it to happen to the same person, twice, in less then a year...... maybe its something he's doing and not the cars or the restorations.

Pat

Hmmm…..I smell insurance fraud.

Telstar

Both old junker cars; whaddyaknow? Jeez, at least you had to hit the Pinto to get a fireball going - I guess that's progress.

jeff

I'd like to give him a classic car that I own, if he promises to drive my wife around with him for a while

Gatanegra

I'm sad this beautiful car burst into flames. However, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of D-bags.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments