"King of Freestyle" Stevie B

Arrested During His Own Concert

10/1/2011 3:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1001_stevie_b_bn
Latin dance artist Stevie B was handcuffed and taken off the stage during his concert last night by police in Springfield, MA for owing $420,000 in unpaid child support.

According to a local report, police say Hill was cooperative throughout the arrest and expressed concern he might miss a concert in Providence, RI.

Stevie B, real name Steven Bernard Hill, was big in the 1980s and 1990s. He is probably best known for his song "Because I Love You (The Postman Song)," which reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart in December 1990.

SuperJoe332

I think EVERYONE is missing the obvious. Could it be.... Just possible that this is an instance of a "secret LOVE child"?!! I was NOT there, however if he went willingly and Amir and "people" who know him say it's ALL untrue. Then who's to say that it's not about a different child(ren). I'm just sayin.

Mary Ann

amir or you're mom. this is stevie's sister auntie mary ann. Amir please my email me maryannhillvoice@yahoo.com.

T.Lynn

The truth will come out. Dont believe everything you read.

Juanito

He should throw a benefit concert for himself next time...hahaha. just say n.

melisser

I was there the whole time and he was
NOT
taken off the stage in handcuffs! Wow people really should ask b4 talking......

mya

hey dad love u no matter what make sure you take a swab dna test for u know who

Liz

Let's just say... Many people in the providence area were very disappointed last night... They should have a mini concert for all the ticket holders.... Because Stevie was the head liner.......we missed you alot Stevie B ! I wish you well.

Leslie

yeah I had second row seats for this concert and stood right at the stage the whole concert even set my drink on edge of the stage and I never saw a cop the whole night! I video taped the entire show...so all these news reporters need to get the story right. for the right price I will sell TMZ the video tape I made so they can correct their screwed up story about him being arrested on stage CAUSE IT IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!shame on you TMZ will never believe a thing you print again!! you are usually much much better at checking facts!!!

Charlie Sheen's Watch

"Because I love you?" Are you stupid TMZ. He is known for his epic song Spring Love!

T.Lynn

Broke ass groupies really need to find another way to get money. Please Take a DNA test! WE Love You Stevie!

Jason B (no relation)

I think anytime someone's father is thrown in jail over child support, that isn't the right solution.Especially 420,000 dollars, i mean that is 400,000 dollars more than most dads pay.I know money is important on raising a child, but i think the time spent with your child is by far more important than money. What does the mother do to financially support the kids? Lets stop putting fathers in jail over child support period.

DJ MATTY ROCK

will the real stevie b fans please stand up .... iam with his son on this . no matter what thats his life the world doesnt need to know about it . Look @ michael jackson all the bs towards him But the fans still loved him .Tmz xyz abc nbc news you get where iam coming from . It's not a big deal ... here

Joshua M

First off Stevie B is not a dead-beat dad i personally know him and very good friends with his son. You guys that dont know the right story shouldnt comment on it at all. TMZ doesnt even know the whole story!

Becky

that sucks but hope to see him this weekend in Lindsay, Ca. love you Stevie B. Im your biggest fan

Latin hip hop Fan

Yo ! First and foremost I was freakin harrased by the AG's office for 4,000 of backpay that my son's mother didn't want To begin with. I was the one who had to force the child support down his mom's throat and initiate the whole thing. I am not saying all this for praise but I see it only fit that men should be men and take care of their children. If they didn't escort him off the stage and embarras him then they should have if that's what it takes for him to pay up. And as far as the King of Freestyle, that's a joke. For one his style is not freestyle it is what's known as Funky Melody. We all know where the true Kings and queens originated from " The borrows of new York " The Bronx/Spanish Harlem to be exact. So, if you owe "Man Up and Pay Up" But yes do get a DNA test first.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments