MTV Reality Star

Sues HBO Over Johnny Bananas

I WARNED YOU!!!

10/5/2011 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Devenanzio
Johnny Bananas
wasn't monkeying around after all ... because the MTV reality star has made good on his threats to sue the people behind "Entourage" for allegedly stealing his nickname to fuel a storyline.

TMZ broke the story ... former "Real World" star Johnny Devenanzio had fired off a cease and desist letter to HBO back in August, claiming producers blatantly tried to "capitalize on the name recognition which I'm solely responsible for creating."

Apparently, HBO neither ceased nor desisted ... because Johnny D. filed a lawsuit in NY against HBO, Time Warner, and "Entourage" creator Doug Ellin.

In case you gave up on "Entourage" ... Johnny Drama agreed to be the voice of an animated TV show called "Johnny's Bananas" ... in which the characters are all apes, gorillas, and other primates ... it was sorta funny.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Johnny claims he "has undergone tremendous emotional distress that has been intentionally inflicted upon plaintiff by defendants' unwarranted, unauthorized, and unjustified use of plaintiff's name and characterization in an offensive and disparaging manner in named 'Entourage'."

0801-johnny-bananas-vid2

A Noun

Who?

Petra

The guy's a nobody and an effin' idiot, gimme a break. ONly in America that's for effin' sure

Chester

Did Johnny D. copyright that nickname? If not, he can go pound sand.

Liz

No idea who this guy is...I know Johnny Bananas from Entourage only...you are a no one looking for an easy paycheck.

Andrea

I guess no one remembers Johnny "Bananas" who was a huge club owner in Pittsburgh in the 80's...Ask Henry Rollins...Blag Flag and the Misfits rocked that place!

Jeff

I have no idea who this douche bag is...I was a huge Entourage fan and never heard of him. What a sad pathetic life he must be leading. When a story tags you as "an MTV reality star" that's your first problem. Filing a stupid lawsuit like this is your second mistake. Go back to living in your mom's basement playing X-Box and enjoy your poverty.

Bob

In several episodes Entourage also used the terms "talentless", "douchenozzle" and "retard". Can he roll those instances into his lawsuit and try for triple damages?

mel

Get a life MR Banana....

frnacisco 2010

emotional distress? IS HE A LITTLE GIRL? HOW EASY IS TO SUE SOMEBODY JUST TO GET MONEY. i'M GOIING TO U.S.A FOF GOOD AND SEE IF I CAN GET MONEY THE EASY WAY TOO. I'M PLANING TO SUE TMZ.COM FOR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS FOR WHAT I READ HERE EVERYDAY HAHAHAHAHAHA

TheUltraworld

I hope a Judge has the good sense to smack this moron in the head & tell him to get a job. And a life.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2