Ribeye the Fish

Glub, Glub, Dead.

10/6/2011 3:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1006_ribeye_WEX
Ribeye the Fish -- once known as "The Snarkiest Fish in the Z" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell us ... one of the TMZ staffers found Ribeye floating in his tank ... unresponsive to various taps on the glass.

The fish -- only a few months old -- was given a burial at sea ... via the toilet in the men's bathroom.

Harvey Levin released a statement saying, "He was a good fish ... he will be missed."

Harvey's asst. Tyler adds, "Not much of a swimmer though." R.I.P.

1006-remembering-ribeye-footer-v4

KnuckleDragger

Ribeye sleeps with the fishes! Well, unless he was paying attention when Harvey ran 'Finding Nemo' for all the slackers on a slow day. In that case...Ribeye took the long journey through the sewer pipes of LA and now resides happily somewhere in the waste-management system.

rocky

WHERE'S THE 911 PHONE CALL

Mick Kahler

Steve Jobs, Ribeye,..death comes in 3's. Who'll be the third? Also, who in the TMZ office ditched Ribeye's supply of propofol?

TIFFANY

they really don't live that long, I bought about 5 of those fish over the years and they never last but a few months.

Jeri

sorry for your loss

Melinda

Cujeaux needs to get a grip! It's a flipping fish.
RIP little fishy!! I love how TMZ put their logo over the photo and used the term 'sources' hahahahahaha that's awesome

sfd

I notice you've desposed of the body before the authorities arrived. Who bagged up the bottles of propofol? How long after the body was discovered did you wait to call 911? Is it true that his tour manager wanted to get him tested on Monday after reports of odd behavior in Hollywood over the weekend?

KittyKatsMom

RIP Ribeye. He lasted long. Harvey should buy an new fish and name it "T-Bone".

Miss D-L

Ohhhh, so soon ...

RIP Ribeye

CLINT

Where was Dr. Conrad Murray at the time of ribeye's death?

Fozzie

we need another fish....meet Sushi! son of Rib Eye.

Trevis Miho

That's the best death photo we get? I expect better from TMZ...I've seen better death photos of..everyone with a death photo. Don't you guys have paps there??

tucker

Where was Conrad Murray?

RIP Ribeye!!

Atela

oh another gimic....lol...condolence Harvey...

Ashley

first Steve Jobs and not THIS! Ugh.. I'm afraid to come to the TMZ website now because I what I might find out... what's next Harvey are you going to tell me that Heidi Montag's boobs are fake!