Beyonce

Stomach Folding Video

Ignites Pregnancy Controversy

10/11/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_beyonce_still

We know it sounds ridiculous ... but the Internet is buzzing with rumors that Beyonce is NOT really pregnant and she's wearing a fake stomach in an elaborate cover-up. Now, a controversial new video is fueling the fire.

Beyonce appeared on an Australian TV show this weekend called "Sunday Night" -- wearing a tight red dress that accentuated her baby bump.

But when B sits down in her chair, her bump appears to collapse inward, leading many to believe it's not B's real bump after all ... but a prosthetic device intended to deceive.

photo that started beyonce not pregnant rumors

So why would B fake preggo? There are rumors that she has hired a surrogate mother to carry the kid, so she won't have to put her body through the strains of pregnancy.

But color us skeptical -- because last month, Bey bared all during a vacation in Croatia with Jay-Z ... revealing what looks like a totally legit baby bump.

1011_beyonce_sipa2We called B's camp for comment -- but we haven't heard back yet.

So, we gotta ask ...

Shannon

She doesn't have to fake a pregnancy - A LOT of celebrities have hired surrogates so I doubt if she did that she would pretend to be pregnant herself.

Your Momma

All of you guys are ridiculous and need to get some business. Of course she is pregnant.

mw2207

Its not the dress... People who are saying it's just the dress have never been pregnant or known anyone who is. A real pregnant bump WONT do that!!! Plus the way she sits down is definitely not the way a woman with a that big of a belly would sit. On top of all that she's barely 5 months pregnant there is NO way her belly is going to be that big! I don't doubt she's pregnant because in her bikini shot you can def see a bump I think she's just making her bump seem bigger for whatever stupid reason.

Imbored

Honestly, that revealing preggo belly bikini pic doesn't prove anything. When I first saw it, I just thought she looked like she's bloated or/and stopped doing sit ups *shrugs*. Plus the angle of the bikini pic makes it look her belly is smaller than it was at the vma's. But, I truly hope for her Stans' sakes that she isn't faking a pregnancy. Though, I'm sure they'll come up with some type of excuse.

Bree Harrison

Soooooo.... has she already had said baby. Maybe she hid for a while and just now wants to share her joy with the world. I bet when we finally see this so-called newborn, he/she will be 2 years old.

Nicole Fontes

if you look at the bottom of her stomach you can almost see a rim... where the fake stomach ends...

this is disgusting

tinkerbell5481

That's the way a belly would fold AFTER you had the baby, haha. It is weird looking, but she isn't even that far along to have a bump like that, so it's probably some extra tummy fat. If you have a little tummy fat, the baby pushes it forward. So you have a "bump" but it's not hard like it would be at 7-9 months.

InMyZombieShoes

It looks like a combo of a dress made out of material with some body to it and maternity Spanx that slid down a little. I had a maternity dress that would do something similar to that when I bent over. I was huge with my daughter, looked pregnant from about 8 weeks in, and I don't think I ever leant back into a chair–I would have fallen backwards. As for bending over, not everyone has a problem with being able to do it. I was painting my toes two weeks before I had my daughter with almost no issue.

Barbara

Could be someone else is carrying the child for them and they don't want anyone to know. Anyone can pouch their belly out like the beach shot. She may be one of those women that do not want what you get from carrying a baby...stretch marks, hemorrhoids, bloating...etc etc

Umm ok...

She's totally wearing a prosthetic, but why? Why would a pregnant woman wear a prosthetic belly? It makes no sense. If her baby belly is small, just let it be small. Nicole Kidman's baby belly was small and she looked beautiful. I don't get Hollywood.

MichelleWW

Totally fake, sadly. :(

KenzieQ

Very odd. When she first walks out the baby bump looks too perfect, like shes wearing some type of belly bra.. I def think she is/was pregnant from the beach pics tho.

Marie

I think she is pregnant but is wearing something to make it seem bigger because that's just cuter. She's way to big there to be 20 weeks along with her first. Even last month in the bikini shot she's just barely showing, it doesn't happen that fast. I hope her and the baby a healthy go.

ectogestator

If that swimsuit shot shows a baby bump, then I'm carrying triplets - and one is an elephant because I can see the trunk.

Muppet

Look really closely at the line just above her swimsuit bottom, then look really closely at the line running down her side. I call fake pregnancy on this one!!