DMX

I've Finally Conquered

My Coke Addiction

10/14/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DMX Coke Addiction
DMX tells TMZ, he has finally kicked the drug addictions that kept him behind bars for years -- and he has his children to thank.

X tells us, coke was his greatest demon after his latest prison release in July -- "Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in the direction to fail. I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go."

The rapper -- real name Earl Simmons -- says God also helped him through ... telling us, "I am on a spiritual road to do right in my life. I am leaving out all negativity and going to stay on the right road to positive."

X's pastor tells us, "When [DMX] first came to my church he looked broken, sad, and full of struggle. Now you see a dramatic change. You see that the drugs and alcohol aren’t in his life."

Guy ain't joking -- DMX absolutely killed it at the BET awards this week (video below).

belinda123

i love dmx

belinda123

dmx

belinda123

dmx is real hip hop a real hip hop artist has a story to show for it and not make one up just to sell a record a real hip hop artist does not wear leggings or skinny jeans to all lil wayne is hiop lil wayne admits he got gang rape and lile it a real hip hop artist would not have said that crap but if all kids think the music these days is real hip hop then so be i hope one day hip hop will be alive the only artist i see thats reall hip hop is dr.dre . son eme

The Neko Nation

Why dirtbags like this get chance after chance after chance when there are so many deserving and decent human beings out there?

AJ810

Love me some DMX!God bless him and his family. He is one of the best rappers of all time.

HOTBEATS.BIZ

Now thats what Im talkin bout. Man warms my heart to see him going back on the comeup. If he can keep his sh**t together he would put alot of wack mc's on the radio out of bidness. One luv DMX. Do your thing and bring talent back to the game.

Glen

We've heard this song and dance from BMX before...and to simply blame others for him wanting to fail shows he hasn't owned up to what he's done. I have a C-note that say's he'll be in the slammer within six months.

Sarah

Don't forget he was busted for dog fighting, he's a cruel sick bastard just like Michael Vick. The sick, twisted and cruel **** he's done to dogs disgusts me.

Nfamous

X is good but I wished my 40 yr old brothers werent still hopping around on a stage rapping at that age

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3