Rapper Rick Ross

Unconscious After Seizure

CPR Being Performed [UPDATED]

10/14/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_getty
Rick Ross is unconscious and paramedics are desperately trying to resuscitate him.

Rick was on a flight going from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, when the rapper lost consciousness.  The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.

1014_airport_tmz
Emergency workers tell us the call came in at 12:55 PM ET ... the caller reported a seizure.

Ross is currently on a gurney at the airport.  Members of Rick's entourage are standing by, some of them extremely emotionally upset.

update_bar
4:54 PM PST: Rick Ross just suffered another seizure on his private jet -- his second in one day.

11:54 AM PST: Rick Ross -- who's still in the hospital -- is telling people he still plans to perform tonight in Memphis at FedExForum.

11:05 AM PST:
It appears Rick Ross is now tweeting, claiming he is okay.

10:57 AM PST: Ross was transported to a nearby hospital.

A family member tells TMZ, Rick is currently under close supervision and is doing fine. We're told drugs and alcohol were not involved.

10:50 AM PST: Rapper Wale -- one of Rick's closest friends -- just tweeted, "I just talked to Ross...he's 100 pct ok.." Another member of Rick's entourage DJ Sam Sneaker also says the rapper is okay.

10:36 AM PST: A witness tells TMZ, Rick fell unconscious right after take-off.

We're told his entourage jumped out of their seats to alert plane personnel -- at which point a doctor on board administered CPR on the rapper.

The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Story developing
...

1014_rick_ross_footer

john

Would TMZ not feed into the hype! "his private jet"?????? He was flying Delta origionally, then had a problem with his health AND needing to get to a concert at the last minute. Soooo they booked the short trip about the only way possible and probably cheaper. The short trip is on the cheap for a bunch of people who would have to pay premium per ticket for last minute flights. This guy is basically unknown and will stay that way.

James420

Proof that fast money can't buy everything. It will be hard to rap about being a boss and sound tough after this. I don't care if his weight didn't cause this, he's still a disgusting slob.

devonte nice

everybody think this is a joke if they were to have a seizure u wouldn't want any one saying that about u so get ya mind right prayerz go 2 ricky rosssaaayyy ughh

BellaItaly

I will tell you it is scary as hell going through seizures. My husband had them a couple of yrs ago. All kinds of tests and tests showed nothing. He would end up in the ER 8 times in one month. Even at work he'd have a seizure in the middle of the night and I ended up at the ER with him. Finally we found it all he went through was stress related. I couldn't believe stress could do this. Well he got help and has been seizure free.

nikki

Stupid people say stupid sh**, Weed and Cocaine will mess u up my cousin who is a dime had 3 heart attacks from cocaine size 5. Many of yall need to say NO TO DRUGS NOW! Watch the stock market crash Drugs is a big business in America. Strokes, Seizures and Heart Attacks are caused by these thing so Stop it NOW!

Jocelyn

I love you Rick. Praying for you and you're family. Take care my friend.

Alysia

Some of these people are crazy and absolutely stupid with their comments on this post! Prayers to you for sanity!

Fatonia Green

MY PRAYERS R WITH U BIG ROSS!!!

Josh s

Ease up with them Lemon-pepper wings from Wingstop bruh..

crystal

I really hope rick ross is okay i love his music.stay strong ross remeber you a boss.

april

hey tmz this is april and i wanted to know if you are okay and i like to rap i have alot of songs in my jornal . they call me young barbie it goes like this this is young barbie lil mixx bratsey working at arbis like slena miss montana going crazy acting banananas this young barbie dressing like a diva danceing like beonye and trina more i hpe you feel better rick ross all your peolpes love yhu

mrs ross

my husband aint fat he fit like hell and he bought my hurr for a dolla, and for that i love him.

Misses

First who ever said who ever heard of the NAME RICK ROSS....go ...urself, Second, people that could have been your fam, friend, whoever close to you. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say ****. Hope you find out whats wrong Rick Ross and get checked out. Some of yall kind of people make me sick.

Ben Dalrymple

hey julian! go grab a rope and a ceiling fan and do us all a favor you dumb ****

Flawse

My Prayers and Thoughts go out for the Boss Rick Ross! Get well soon!