Dina Lohan Sells Lindsay

Down the River

in Planned Memoir

10/21/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1020-dina-book-ex2
Lindsay Lohan's mom is trying to expose her own daughter's dark secrets, blowing the lid off of Lindsay's alleged drug and alcohol use in a memoir that she's shopping around town -- shopping it as recently as 2 weeks ago -- as Lindsay was looking down the barrel of a hostile judge and a jail sentence.

TMZ has obtained the draft of a prologue for Dina Lohan's memoir, which Dina's rep is shopping to people in the literary world.  In the prologue, Dina writes:

"I blamed her friends, her career and her handlers for an (sic) newfound lifestyle of partying excessively.  Drinking, drugging and behaving irresponsibly became Lindsay's way of daily living--and it tore me up inside."

Dina explains why she moved Lindsay from New York to L.A. at such a young age:

"How could I deny my daughter the chance of a lifetime?  How could I hold Lindsay back from her dream of becoming an actress?  So, I listened to others and sent my daughter to Hollywood with a few pieces of luggage and a chaperone."

When Lindsay began acting crazy, accumulating mugshots and what not, Dina says she was helpless, claiming she couldn't demand that Lindsay return to New York.  Dina also confesses she was conflicted since she was both Lindsay's parent and manager.

Dina and her rep were soliciting meetings via email two weeks ago, to brainstorm how to make her book "a best seller."

Our sources say a ghost writer actually wrote the prologue after long sit-downs with Dina and her rep, and both were solidly on board.

As far as we know ... so far, no takers.

Holly

Chapter 1

I put Lindsay in rehab, It’s all propaganda, hard Ball, my daughter is beautiful, she’s a celebrity and treating her unfair, I’m suing California, everyone is out to get her, propaganda, hardball, rescued, La de da de de, la de da de da

Chapter 2

andyconda

LohanFever Lindsay Lohan ™
@
@FREE_LL Then I'm not a fan. She's COMPLETELY lost control of her life. She needs someone to section her. NOW.
5 minutes ago
-----------------------------------------------------
her fans are dropping off like flies...gotta love it

ilovegossip

"I blamed her friends, her career and her handlers for an (sic) newfound lifestyle of partying excessively."
Funny how she doesn't blame herself at all!!! How can she not blame herself when she sent her out to LA at such an early age (and her chaperone was the same age as Lindsay). Then she goes on to say:
Ok, so you blame her handlers, but you were her manager, so aren't you her handler???

Boy, this is going to be a great book... NOT!!!!

Jill

Well..at least it will be some good reading material for Nicole.

From the things I've seen,she's just as much as a liar as Lindsay is.I'm sure it will be in the "fiction" section at the book store,because many of us have stopped buying their bull**** years ago.

augman

Is there any depth to which this witch will not stoop? Someone should pour gasoline on her and ignite it.

mannequin

In the long run, it may be a good thing. This may be exactly what Lindsay needs in order to see what kind of mother she really has. Now maybe she can finally break free.

John T.

Why would anyone want to buy the book. WE read about the truth day after day on line and see it on CNN news. Dinas would be all sugar coated and lies. Her life is a open book, she's a crack ho and a drunk that never pays her bills.

Areader

And people wonder why Lindsay has issues!

jeebus

I still say dina is doing this in retaliation to what Shawn said in court on Wednesday about Lindsay being the sole breadwinner of the family.

jeebus

She will finally get someone too publi***** you just wait. someone who thinks they can cash in on Lindsay too. Then she will go around the circuit talking Lindsay down and revealing the "truth". It's kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

FLUX

Oh this is a good one. Once again it's not 25 year old Lindsay's fault for her behavior.....it's her mother's fault. Do you think the Judge will take this into consideration on Nov 2, 2011 ?

Nicole

Shameful

boricua4669

If this is true, i'm totally disgusted by it .... Unbelievable ! And she calls herself " Mother " ?!

Truth

UMM, WHY DO WE NEED ANY EXPOSE?? THE FULL VERSION IS FREE ON GOOGLE SEARCH... JUST SAYIN. TRUTH!!!

andyconda

sounds just like a CINDY ANTHONY thing to me...
I cant wait until next week,when she finds more religion...or puts herself into rehab, Just for a feeble attempt to avoid jail time...Also they will put Ali in the cross fire...
The judge put the nix on the rehab thing..due to the fact last april saying lindsay has something deeper then addictions...so rehab try will go bust...
Lindsay took the bait, line, and sinker,from the judge