Dina Lohan Sells Lindsay

Down the River

in Planned Memoir

10/21/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1020-dina-book-ex2
Lindsay Lohan's mom is trying to expose her own daughter's dark secrets, blowing the lid off of Lindsay's alleged drug and alcohol use in a memoir that she's shopping around town -- shopping it as recently as 2 weeks ago -- as Lindsay was looking down the barrel of a hostile judge and a jail sentence.

TMZ has obtained the draft of a prologue for Dina Lohan's memoir, which Dina's rep is shopping to people in the literary world.  In the prologue, Dina writes:

"I blamed her friends, her career and her handlers for an (sic) newfound lifestyle of partying excessively.  Drinking, drugging and behaving irresponsibly became Lindsay's way of daily living--and it tore me up inside."

Dina explains why she moved Lindsay from New York to L.A. at such a young age:

"How could I deny my daughter the chance of a lifetime?  How could I hold Lindsay back from her dream of becoming an actress?  So, I listened to others and sent my daughter to Hollywood with a few pieces of luggage and a chaperone."

When Lindsay began acting crazy, accumulating mugshots and what not, Dina says she was helpless, claiming she couldn't demand that Lindsay return to New York.  Dina also confesses she was conflicted since she was both Lindsay's parent and manager.

Dina and her rep were soliciting meetings via email two weeks ago, to brainstorm how to make her book "a best seller."

Our sources say a ghost writer actually wrote the prologue after long sit-downs with Dina and her rep, and both were solidly on board.

As far as we know ... so far, no takers.

Jay W.

Book for cash.... that's all!

LA Native

You have got to be kidding...right?

andyconda

Dina "joe jackson" lohan is on her way to cali...Is it for lindsay or to promote her book?
she failed on the movie she was producing..
Now she wants people to finance this publication...
-----------------------------------------------
1 more hour until the morgue, is she up yet.or just getting in from last night?

STFUP

"I blamed her friends, her career and her handlers for an (sic) newfound lifestyle of partying excessively."
I blamed ANYONE but myself and Lindsay! It couldn't be us! We're PERFECT! Dina continued.
"Drinking, drugging and behaving irresponsibly became" mine and "Lindsay's way of daily living." I was a full-fledged enabler - going out drinking and partying with my daughter, instead of getting her the help she so desperately needed!
Now, with her facing the possibility of up to a year in jail, MY INCOME is in jeapordy! I HAVE to sell my daughter down the river in a tell-all book about what a horrible mother I was (but how I blame it on everyone else!) so that I can keep partying and drinking while my meal ticket - I mean my precious baby is behind bars!
What a f'n b**ch! With moms like this, who needs enemies?

Superman

The whore of a parent is just trying to make excuses for her decisions and trying to make herself look a lot better than she really is! More lies from another lowlife trying to get money and prestige from selling a book!

Ih8Taxes

Boring...

daRock

Which one of you douchebags is going to run out and buy this the day it hits the stands?????

Different Rules Apply

PUKE!!! She makes me sick. Lindsay is a mess because her parents pimped her out at a young age and enabled risky behavior because they did not want to give up their vicarious fame and money.

Firefly

I was wondering what would make a mother write a book about her own daughter in an unflattering light. So I have to ask...
Since Dina is Lindsay's manager who begged and pleaded with all those movie producers to hire her and give her a chance, which she screwed up. Pleaded with all the fashion designers to hire her to show their clothes, Which she stole. This must be pay back for Lindsay thumbing her nose at these jobs that Dina worked so hard to get her by lying and telling them that Lindsay is well and willing to work hard. Since Lindsay is undesirable and no one wants to hire or deal with her anymore maybe mom figures Lindsay owes her this one since she can't make money off of Lindsay any other way. This is not a mother but a low life *****roach running around trying to squeeze the last ounce or life and money out of Lindsay before she is gone. Disgusting!

chichifrogslegs

this is just disgusting.

lisa

Grandma Cracker, you are right.Treatment programs were shopped for,but look at where she ended up!At the Betty Ford center.That place is a resort.The treatment alternative Im referring to is no where near like that.It's tough stuff.surely,the judge should be enlightened as to what exactly they are and see the clear need for Lindsay to be in a place like this.Belive me,she will be wishing she was in jail.

ketjo

And they accuse Micheal Lohan of riding on Lindsay's notiarity.....Dina pushing her book now on this this farce .."Dina Reveals All" my god how low can this woman go...both she and her idiot daughter would have to dig their way UP to even get to the gutter !!!!!.....
And to think its people like her who would stand around making fun of us poor hillbilly kids when we went to school...Looks whos the real 'white trash" Dina !!!!

AGENT smith

Funny picture TMZ

Doug Glass

Pure s ***** . Pure and simple.

Tiffany

Can't say we didn't see this one coming...no ose should be surprised by the actions of Dina Lohan, she has and always will exploit the hell out of Lindsay!! What kind of parent lets their young teenager move across country without them??? If she were a real responsible parent then she would have packed up the family and went along with her daughter. Many of the problems that we see now with Lindsay probably never would have happened.