« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestling Legend Scott Hall

Tragic Twist After

Documentary's Happy Ending

10/20/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Scott Hall
WWE legend Scott Hall's emotional reunion with his estranged son at the end of ESPN's documentary about the wrestler was short-lived -- sources tell TMZ, Scott's drug problems have once again forced the two apart.

In case you missed it, ESPN aired a heartfelt documentary about Scott Hall last night -- chronicling the wrestler's drug-fueled fall from grace -- in which Scott  and his son Cody poignantly reunited after not speaking for years.

The documentary ended on a promising note (below) -- with the father-son duo working together to launch Cody's wrestling career.

But Scott's ex-wife Dana tells TMZ, the reunion in May barely lasted a month -- and once again, the two are no longer on speaking terms.

We're told Cody gave up on his dad due to "constant verbal abuse from Scott while he was binging" -- and he soon moved back home with his mom.

Dana tells us, Cody simply felt it was "too hard seeing his dad in that kind of state." We're told Cody has no current plans to continue wrestling. Scott's rep had no comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jumping Jim Brunzell

I had one of Scott's 1st matches , when He came to the WWF. He was a young guy with a lot of upside. I feel, He suc***bed, like many of his peers, to the glamour of a business built on greed and deceit. Tonight, I'll pray for his Health,and His deliverance from a life of destruction, to one of Peace and Hope. God Bless You - Scott Hall- Peace your friend Jumping Jim

David Duchnovny

It is the same sort of situation that Jake "The Snake" Roberts was in after his reunion with his daughter in "Beyond the Mat", their relationship continued to be strained after what seemed to be a promising reunion. You can't expect that the presence of cameras is going to instantly make things better. Scott Hall is a severely damaged human being, if the relationship is going to mend it will take time not TV. If you think different you're a fool. In fact, you're all stupid, and so am I for wasting my time with this. Hey, TMZ, I'd like a new job, I'm tired of cutting meat. Give me a job. Someone.

Big Don Mathews

My brother...First of all...There is no way on this Earth, that you could possibly hate yourself any more than I hate myself!!! I grew up in a shack, but they always provided food for us kids, even though I got my ass beat down every day! Yeah, it made me a survivor...but it made me also hate my ****in' existence...and eveything that counts, I guess. Don't ****in give up, you big lug...'cuz I'll come kick your big ass!!! Your friend, Don Matejek

KAC

In all seriousness, this is really really sad. To me, you have this guy desperately trying to hold on to his glory days, and can't seem to deal with the reality that those days are over. Hence Scott drinking and abusing drugs as hard as he seems to be and the way he still dresses. He is dressing like he is younger than his son here when what he is in 50's now maybe? There is a lot of work to be done there with Scott, a lot. I hope it can be mended before it's too late.

indianlindy

that was so sad.

nwo4life

come on scott get it right be there for your son i wish mine was for my brothers and sisters and me .....remember when your with N.W.O your in it for life

Thomas Wilson

Hey big guy-- reaching out to you so you will call me back from where you might be. It is Tom, your old roomie from the Winds that blow fair. Call me and chat or at twilso19@tampabay .rr.com. Look forward to your response--take care and love you as a brother, Tom W.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3