Comic Patrice O'Neal

Suffers Stroke

10/26/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Patrice O'Neal stroke
Comedy superstar Patrice O'Neal, 41, -- who recently performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" (below) -- suffered a stroke last week ... this according to his friends on the "Opie and Anthony Show."

O'Neal's pal Jim Norton made the announcement on the air this morning ... adding, "We wanted it to come from us ... we don’t know how he is. We don’t know how he’s going to be."

Norton added, "I didn’t want to do this by myself. I wish we had more news for you.”

Jimmy jamz

Patrice please get well soon!

BouncersSuck

A great comedian with genuine presence. O'Neal KILLED at the Sheen roast, so funny. Best wishes to Patrice for a speedy and full recovery.

Big Poppa

Criss

I hope he's okay. I like Patrice.

Cheryl A.

I didn't know who he was until the Charlie Sheen roast. He is FUNNY! Get well soon, Sir.

BouncersSuck

Oh, by the way: Opie & Anthony are idiots. Not funny, no presence, no intellect...just obnoxious white trash flap-jaws; especially the insecure little one that never managed to finish going through puberty. Really, it should be the Patrice O'Neal show...or even The Nick DiPaolo Show, both way funnier than O or A any day.

I can't imagine the frustration of the politics which gives O & A a show of their own when so much better talent is available.

Big Poppa

D-INCARNATION

He was kind of a crybaby at the roast, didn't take the barbs too well.

jmarshall76

Also in studio for/at the time of the announcement to the O&A listeners were Bob Kelly, Rich Vos, Collin Quinn, & Keith Robinson. Jim did not make the announcement "alone".

SusanCoyote

Prayers are with you Patrice. I didn't like the other comedians making fun of your weight at the Charlie Sheen roast. Cheep shots! Get well soon.

Lauren

can this be related to his diabetes?

jmarshall76

Also in studio for/at the time of the announcement to the O&A listeners were Collin Quinn, Rich Vos, Bob Kelly, and Keith Robinson.

Dirty_MX

MJ GONE.... OUR NINJA DEAD... Oh wait... wrong one

Kaffee

A stroke is really the worst thing to happen because it affects your mind. Wish him the very best.

jthebigcat

ring........ring........ring..........ring..........ring..........fame is calling but nobodys home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy

I pray for his complete recovery....I am a true fan of the show

Dean-O

Nothing but love for Patrice and his family.Thoughts and Prayers......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments