'Spider-Man' to 'The Simpsons'

Thanks for the Pot Shot!

10/31/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031_spiderman_simpsons_ex
Right after a paralyzed Homer J. Simpson farted a spiderweb out of his butt last night ... the show mocked the infamously injury-prone Spider-Man play ... and it couldn't have gone over better with the folks on Broadway.

In case you missed it, paralyzed Spider-Homie swung past the "Rest Home for Cast of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'" ... while one wheelchair bound Spidey says, "I wish I could move like him."

103111_spiderman

A rep for "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" released a statement saying everyone involved with the play was "extremely flattered by last night's tribute."

The rep adds, "'The Simpsons’ is an iconic American institution, and being part of last night’s episode was an honor and dream come true."

Freddy

Good episode I still love the Treehouse of horrors every Halloween. It was a lot better than Family Guy's domestic abuse episode. I mean really Seth trying to make assaulting a woman funny? Huge fail.

tmzgirl

SIMPSONS ARE THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!

max

So bummed I missed, we don't have power here in Connecticut because of the snow on Saturday.

beckybucketlist

"turn off the dark" is a horrible show.

LoganNewWave

I liked it better when South Park did it first.

Gloria Unread

Why was the show called "Turn out the Dark" when "Turn out the Night" would have been a much better pun?
Just something I thought of last night when I watched The Simpsons. Carry on...

Donna

TMZ you just crossed the line with the Caylee Anthony costume ! It is a sad day when you have to try to get a laugh from a Baby's tragic death!

Aaron

"Spiderman: Turn off the Dark" was a great experience. After seeing the acrobatic complexities it's no wonder there were injuries as the cast prepared for the show. Two Thumbs up.

RosseJackson17

Awesome! I love the Simpsons!

Mishell

Hey be sure to check out (and like) an awesome interview with the Grammy Award wining Producer Steve Lillywhite, who recently (with Bono) produced Spider-man on Broadway- "Turn off the Dark" at: http://culturecatch.com/vidcast/steve-lillywhite