Heavy D

Over 300 Pounds When He Died,

Autopsy Set for Today

11/9/2011 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1108_heavy_d_EX_08
Heavy D weighed 344 pounds at the time of his death yesterday ... law enforcement tells TMZ.

Officials recorded Heavy's height and weight as part of their investigation into his sudden and unexpected passing. We're told the rapper measured in at 6'4".

Heavy famously lost 135 pounds back in 2003 -- but insisted the decision to drop the weight was in an effort to get acting roles ... and wasn't health related.

An autopsy is scheduled to begin this morning.

TMZ broke the story ... Heavy D died yesterday after collapsing outside of his Beverly Hills condo.

1109_remembering_heavy_d_footer

bob

Bet there are more celebrity deaths from anorexia (not counting drug and alcohol related; they're the undisputed champions in this arena) than from obesity.

EastCoastChopper

"I got nuthin but love forya baby" ! RIP D!

bob

TMZ broke nothing on this story, it was all over the internet before you even published it. Good try

christy

Wow, apparently he gained A LOT of weight since Max
saw him in the elvator. Max said D had
lost mucho weight. Guess not. Either that or
he started at 450lbs. Still, RIP.

Bud

Heavy D-ead

ken

PROBABLY HAD LARD FOR VEINS AND CHOKED ON A SANDWICH

John Fullerton

So he died, why report.....................who cares

Kaffee

I've been overweight in the past, so I'm not biased against fat. Just that some overweight people just don't want to listen to logic that fat kills.

C

I don't believe he weighed 344 at the time of his death. Listenng to Dougie Fresh this morning on the radio and he said Hev had lost over 100+ pounds.

sEAN77

Too bad. Seems being obese and racist caught up with him.

holy cow

I am a 5'6" female (38 years old) and I weigh just over 300 lbs. Years of bad habits and a sedentary lifestyle have caught up with me. I am on the list for weight loss surgery. This story about Heavy D makes me worry.

makeitstop

now THATS humongous

Bud

People should take heed to this story before they cram another Twinkie into their piehole!

Pam

He had pneumonia. Pneumonia is unpredictable. I have a feeling maybe a lung collapsed.

Although his weight, may have had an impact on the way his body dealt with the pneumonia, we will know more when the autopsy and toxicology reports become available.

TMZ and other websites are focusing on his weight, it is just plain disrespectful.

Mercorey

Here are a few people that have passed at
Frank Sinatra, River Phoenix, Audrey Meadows, Eva Gabor, Lucille Ball, Sammy Cahn, Danny Thomas, Danny Kaye, Chuck Connors, Martha Raye, Britney Murphy,and Sammy Davis Jr.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments