« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal

REJECTED from Nightclub --

You're Dressed Like a Schlub!!!

11/17/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shaquille ONeal
Shaquille O'Neal
couldn't power his way through the lane at a New York nightclub this weekend -- getting TURNED AWAY at the door ... all because he was dressed like a lumberjack.

TMZ has learned ... Shaq rolled up to nightclub/restaurant Mars 2112 on Saturday night wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, tennis shoes and a beanie (pictured above with random fan later that night).

But according to the club promoter, Mike Mogul, Shaq's attire wasn't up to club standards ... so security politely informed the retired NBA star that he would not be allowed inside.

Sources at the club tell us Shaq calmly replied, "Are you serious?" ... then shrugged his shoulders and walked down the street to another place that welcomed The Diesel with open arms.

The move is pretty damn shocking, considering TONS of clubs would pay some serious jack to get Shaq to stop by, no matter what he was wearing!!

Denzel Washington does not have the same problem.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ivan Libya

Good! About time someone stood up for values over celebrity power! I would MORE likely go to this club now, just because of this!

joey

i have been to that place a few times,the last time being this summer with my son for lunch.we swore we would never go back,the food and the service were terrible.but a few years back my ex-wife and i went there with another couple and we were wearing jeans ,tee-shirts and boots.the waitress serving our drinks spilled them on my friends girlfriend,she didn't apologize or even buy us a round,so we had a couple more drinks and then walked out without paying.shaq should thank them for not letting him in, that place sucks

Vin Diesel

If I were Shaq...I'd seriously buy that club and fire everyone!

Michelle

Since when is Mars 2112 a upscale nightclub. I was there in April, wearing a sweatshirt, cargo pants and crocs. The place was crawling with families. This is just ridiculous.

JAY

That guy is worth millions of dollars, he can wear whatever he wants. plz, something don't sound right about this story. Mars 2112 is an urban nightclub in NYC...this sounds fishy

Shq

Don't like'em never did
Overrated

PeteRocks

Really, who cares?

An Tran

maybe Kobe just bought the club a few hours earlier and saw that Shaq wanted to come in then rejected him.

ManhattanMartian

TMZ, you guys need a better NY correspondant. Mars2112 is not a club or lounge or bar. It's a gag theme restaurant in Times Square where I had my 8th birthday party...

I still have the martian bouncy ball to prove it

boat floats

damn this is dumb shaq is one of the good guys! why wouldnt they want some one like shaq in there club wtf who cares what hes wearing they dont make dress clothes his size ha

jase

That place is a dump.... really...

Shag

He's on the NBA playoffs every other night dressed sharp as hell. I wouldn't have let his ass in either.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4