« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Andre the Giant

Family Speaks Out Over

Jason Segel's 'SNL' Impression

11/21/2011 2:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jason Segel as Andre the Giant
Andre the Giant
's family was watching when Jason Segel impersonated the late wrestler on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend ... AND THEY LOVED IT!!

Segel starred in a sketch called, "Andre the Giant Chooses an Ice Cream Flavor" -- in which he conjures up the legend's voice PERFECTLY while discussing the pros and cons of mint chip.

Now, TMZ has spoken with a rep for Andre's estate ... who tells us, "Jason Segel nails this impression and demonstrates with good humor that Andre's legacy continues to be relevant and has a big impact on the entertainment industry."

As for Andre's REAL favorite ice cream flavor -- we're lookin' into it ... seriously.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ufos8mycow

All SNL knows how to do is destroy and belittle. Long gone are the days when they were funny or relevant. Everything that I remember about SNL growing up was cutting edge comedy. Then someone decided to use the show to social engineer the country and attempt to influence elections.

Where's Mr Bill when you really need him?

Northohio

That wasn't even funny. SNL sucks.

ABB

Wow! I had forgotten about this guy. He sure was one ugly ass mo-fo!

Poopey Poopstein

Is that lame show still on? Better question, does anyone still watch it. Better question yet: Why?

Heather

I miss Andre, I really mean it.
Anybody want a peanut?

IceGypsy

Boo not broadcast in Canada boo...booo!!

Found it on another site. Have to agree, he didn't look quite right, but he got his personality spot on. That was too funny! I got to meet Andre when I was a lil kid. I remember him being just like that lol. Nice lil tribute to him :O)

CountryGal

Love Andre, but hate SNL. It hasn't been funny since Sandler, Farley, Hartman and Spade left.

Rabbitt

I loved Andre the Giant, and it's not that I find this offensive or anything, I don't. I think it's good natured....but it's just not funny. It's just dumb. He doesn't sound that much like him and even if he did, what is funny about Andre the Giant ordering ice cream? Of course, SNL has probably only had about half a dozen actual funny moments in the last 20 years so I guess this is par for the course.

Bodie

Andre's family sounds like they would be as fun to hang with as Andre. He brought alot to the ring back in the day, and was a true honerable hero. Thanks for taking "A JOKE" for just what it is suppose to be! Funny! Great impersonation by Jason!

nevernude

What an amazing gentle giant he was. I love watching him in Princess Bride.

Marcy

I loved Andre the Giant and Jason NAILED the voice and laugh. Just a really sweet impersonation that made me smile. Very nice job Jason!

Raejean

Their makeup department apparently thinks a lantern jaw and a lantern forehead are one and the same thing. Herman Munster, maybe, not Andre.

It was a pretty good vocal impression.

Pearlwatters

it took me roughly few minute to find this great post, thanks a ton.

Mudman

Weak

Lauren

if ur going to do a sketch making someone look stupid, at least make it funny

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments