Mike Rowe

Responds to Same-Name Lawsuit

BLAME MY PARENTS!

11/22/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1122_mike_rowe_ex
Mike Rowe (the celebrity) tells TMZ ... he understands why Mike Rowe (the prisoner) has a beef about his name ... telling us, "The guy has a good point, I've wanted to sue myself for years now."

TMZ broke the story ... some unfamous prison inmate in South Dakota named Mike Rowe is suing the celebrity -- claiming he's constantly being harassed behind bars because they share the same name. He's also pissed that Lee Jeans claims Mike Rowe wears their product ... because "I am not for them."

Now, Mike Rowe (the celeb) is responding to the suit ... telling TMZ, "My attorneys are taking the charges very seriously. Naturally, since I got my last name from my Dad, I'm preparing my own lawsuit against him."

He adds, "And since my first name was my Mother's idea, she'll be named as well. It's a bit awkward, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna be left holding the bag on this one."

"If they'd named me Steve or Frank, none of this would be an issue.  As for the other Mike Rowe, I really do feel his pain, and can only suggest that he avoid Lee jeans while behind bars. They really do make your butt look good."

3Storms

also who cares?

ManiacalZebra

"I really do feel his pain, and can only suggest that he avoid Lee jeans while behind bars. They really do make your butt look good."

Priceless!

SantaFeJack

Nice response, Mike(the celebrity).

jdub

I love it! Mike Rowe is my new hero. And I also never realized how similar looking Mike Rowe and Harvey are...

Tammy

This is a classic response to a meritless suit. ROTFLMFAO!!!

Jessica

If they didn't have televisions or radios in prison, which they shouldn't, this stupid idiot would never have known who Mike Rowe was!

cindy

I Love Mike Rowe(the celebrity),He always make me laugh.

Phreaky

Wow TMZ - your stories the last two days have sucked on another level. What is going on around your offices - some manager on vacation or something? Is there a ghost crew on staff for the holiday this week?
Almost everything you post is such a non-story it's not even laughable. It's just dull.
No post is better than a BS non-story post, TMZ. Whoever sucked the life out of TMZ, please stop.

lily

Oh he is funny! I especially like the Lee jeans comment!!

writenow

Am thinking California almost disbarred attorney Patricia Gregory, is wishing there was another Patricia Gregory in the news. Check the video at the bottom of the page. It's Priceless

Steve

Mike(Dirty) excellent respnse....

bendernet

Way to fire back! Funny too.

Horndog

All hail Mike Rowe (the celebrity! \w/

Michele

This is why I love Mike Rowe!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty